Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

ProJeti Discussion from RCU Magazine

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

ProJeti Discussion from RCU Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 06:02 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ProJeti Discussion from RCU Magazine

Peter - you might have to check with a distributor if they will do this.

Jeff - Hobby Lobby sells a package for the ProJeti. It can be flown in small soccer fields...I fly mine in a soccer field actually! I use a Jeti ESC which works fine and Hobby Lobby sells those. Also I had a 555 Hitec rx in mine which is smaller than a standard. I'd go with the smallest rx you can but if you can fit your rx inside the projeti it would work and the extra 1/2 ounce wouldn't hurt flight performance noticeably.
Old 06-08-2003, 06:26 PM
doogledee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions regarding propeller

Hi all
I am currently building my ProJeti...... I am going to be using a multiplex 400 motor and a APC 5x5 electric prop. When i reverse the direction of the motor it wil work as a pusher, but it looks like the prop will be spinning with the thin trailing edge first.... is this right? I can not flip the prop because then it will not fit on the spinner due to the twist in the prop (those of you who have a small apc Electro prop handy will see what I mean). Do I need to get a different prop? what brands do you recomend? Hope someone has some advice.... Also is the multiplex motor the same as a speed 400?
Old 06-08-2003, 07:01 PM
mvigod
Banned

Regarding the prop you will need to turn it around so it can push. If you put it on the wrong way it won't work. So the motor has to be reversed and so does the prop. If your prop won't do this than you need another prop.

Not sure the answers on the other questions...maybe somebody else can field them.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:01 PM
doogledee

Default fixed it now....

Hey all, just to let you all know I fixed my prop problem. I simply got a smaller spinner that allowed me to flip the prop over nor problem. all set for my first flight. possibly tomorroy, wish me luck
Old 06-15-2003, 06:00 PM
doogledee

Default Problems during launch.....

Hey all, Was out to fly my projeti for the first time today and it all ended in tears (almost) when I handlaunch the model it will either fall straight to the ground nose first or if I launch it a bit harder it wil glide for a distance stall and then hit the ground nose first.... with full throttle on. Seems that the elevator it a little high at launch (set to the ridges on the model).... The last attempt ended with the model braking its nose and the motor mount... both of these have been fixed now (with epoxy). Please help me with any tips before I try again..... Thanx for any tips/suggestions......

Leif
Old 06-15-2003, 09:17 PM
mvigod
Banned

Make sure you have the balance checked properly. Sounds like that might have been an issue. If it is ok then launch at full throttle with the elevons in the starting position. Toss it at about a 15 degree angle upward and be ready on the sticks.

The nose breaking or the motor breaking on a not so good landing is expected with the stock projeti. Reinforce with some popsicle sticks, epoxy or carbon fiber. Mine broke a few times but after reinforcing it a bit it hasn't unless I really punch it in hard.
Old 06-15-2003, 09:35 PM
Peter Y

I wonder if your problem relates to the earlier prop question. If the prop is back to front you can get air pushing the right way, but not efficiently enough to get the plane flying properly. That is, you might think it's running right because the air is blowing out the back. Props are designed to run a certain way for maximum efficiency.

I'm guessing here, and I'm sure others will know for sure, but I use the approach that the lettering on the prop should point forward. I hope this helps.

Peter
Old 06-16-2003, 05:34 AM
doogledee

Default hmmmmmmm

Ok...... as I mentioned in a previous post I got the prop problem fixed so the prop is running the correct way (thick leading edge first) and still pushing the plane. I realise the prop is a lot more efficient when running the correct way. This was all fixed before my first flight attempt. Still think it migh be the elevator settings though. Also could people let me know what the all up weight should approximatly be, in grammes please, thank you again....

Leif
Old 08-30-2003, 11:36 PM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

Default Zagi battery for the Projo?

Can I shoe-horn my Zagi 8 cell 1700 battery in the Projeti?

Thanks in advance for the answer. ---Tony
Old 08-31-2003, 12:07 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leif,

The all-up weight of the ProJeti is not that important but proper balance and launching techique are both very important.

Achieving the proper balance is easy with the markings provided by the manufacturer, Kavan.

Proper launching requires that you set the elevons to the start wedge position and give it a fairly hard toss straight out!

The plane should immediately start climbing high and you'll need to remove the elevon offset. For level flight, the ProJeti elevons are straight back.

Checkout my Wings page for 3 different ProJeti power setups.

Good luck!

Tony,

The answer is yes, but beware of the fact that you will weaken the structure. To maintain strength, ensure that you "wedge" the pack into position so that forces attempting to fold the wing from below are supported. Additionally, by epoxying in a Velcro strap "seat belt" you can add both safety that the pack doesn't eject on rolls and add strength when forces from the top try to fold the wing. Be sure to epoxy both bottom and sides of the strap. Fit the pack in snug and the Velcro straps wrap snuggly around the pack.

Good luck!
Old 08-31-2003, 07:44 PM
Peter Y

Greg

I've been enjoying my Projeti (with a 10 cell Kan pack and long can motor). However the nose seems to be a weak point - we broke ours on the first hard landing, and then kept breaking on subsequent crashes. Is it worth reinforcing this somehow? Any suggestions? Someone said I should push a couple of bamboo skewers up through the nose and down each side of the fuse.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Peter
Old 09-01-2003, 12:58 AM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Peter,

That's not a bad idea. Bamboo skewers or similar like carbon rods.

I use 5-min epoxy on weak foam areas.

Be sure to check your CG. Perhaps it is nose heavy from repairs. You may need to practice your approach setup and bleed off as much speed as you can before to reach the landing field. It helps to come in a bit early so that you have power to set up a proper approach. My toughest setups are done with a deadstick and the ProJeti can sometimes glide past my desired landing point if I feel the speed is too high.

If you have the option, program some negative exponential setting into your aileron and elevator channels. I use a -40% setting on both. This softens the stick center for fast flight control but allows greater throws at the stick extremes for wild rolls and better lift when landing at slow speeds.

Good luck!
Old 09-01-2003, 01:06 AM
Peter Y

Thanks greg - I'm just about to build version 2, so I'll include skewers this time. Version 1 crashed into a house when turning for final approach (I wasn't flying, but was to blame for nervously encouraging my son to go long before turning). Live and learn.

Peter
Old 03-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Bob Payne
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: ProJeti Discussion from RCU Magazine

kind of hard on the Antena wire if its stock position
I'm fixing to rerun my antena out 1 win or behind one of the stabs
getting tired of resoldering new antena wires.

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Hey..I just did some touch and go's with my ProJeti tonight! First one was by accident but I learned it could be done...

Took it down to the deck and skid on the grass pretty hard and full power got it up again...pretty cool....not for the faint of hear
Old 03-18-2004, 06:32 PM
FREEBIRD

Ah,

The Projeti is one of my favorites, I have the long can 480 and 10 cell AR high discharge nicad. With this set-up it's extremely light, and with the Graupner speed prop is almost silent. Speed with this is phenominal, and I have had no damage on several hard landings (being very light). I pondered doing the mega 3 turn and CP cells, but opted for a nice light fast parkflyer, at this weight it almost floats in as well. They need to make a high enough C rated lipo for this set-up. The Nicads are fairly warm after 4 mins. full bore. I have the Reno edition and it looks great, I think much better than the Zagi type wings, almost reminds me of a BD-5.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Bob Payne

I have the Blue one, I went with the 3 turn mega and 1700mah 8cell nimh
after about 4-5 minutes WOT the battery is the warmest part of the whole plane
I have thought about trying the graupner props i figured the 6x3 would be a bit much
but i may give it a try now and there half as much as the cam speed 5.5 x 5.5 i have been using.

these cam props are loud too.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:42 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Bob Payne,
What kind of ESC are you using with that 16/15/3? I'm considering a similar set-up.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 03-27-2004, 12:13 AM
Bob Payne

Jeti 30amp
1700mah NIMH 8cell
about 4 minutes average all WOT
6-7 minutes with a little throttle managment

ORIGINAL: 777

Bob Payne,
What kind of ESC are you using with that 16/15/3? I'm considering a similar set-up.

Thanks,
Brad