Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Still learning Aerobird

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 05:11 AM
Craig Mckinley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still learning Aerobird

Aero

I am still learning to fly my Aerobird Challenger and I have received some good help from the members. I only fly in about half power (I don’t have enough confidence to use full power yet) While flying in sports mode I feel that my Challenger is a bit soft on the rudder. At times its like turning a ship. A couple of times it drifted too far away on me and I felt it was because I never had enough turn power to correct it. I have looked at the wing surfaces and the measure of operation seems ok, perhaps I am flying too slowly? If anybody could offer myself any advise I would be very grateful.

I have learnt one very important tip with so few flying minutes: shut down the power when a crash is imminent, not only has this saved my bird from extreme impact but it also prevents the prop from mutilating the wing.

Thanks
Craig McKinley

[email protected]
Old 04-15-2004, 09:16 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Still learning Aerobird

It's probably best that you fly in the calm air just at sunrize or just before sunset to really get to know your plane. On a day with a lot of up drafts or gusts, will cause you to over control the plane.

The Challenger has much more control power at higher speeds. You almost need to use the pro mode if you are going to be flying slow. In regular mode and low speed, mine doesn't turn to the right very well. I still have the horns set out on the tip.

Enjoy,

Jim