Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Pico Stick 1st flight today!

Old 05-13-2003, 09:55 PM
Dead St!ck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pico Stick 1st flight today!

Had a blast this evening, Took my new Pico Stick F out at the local park and let her rip! 2 clicks on the elevator trim tab and it was flying beautifully! The winds were from 5 to 10 gusting to 15 at times and even though the winds were this heavy it flew remarkably well. I dont think the local swallows thought the same of this foreign invader because a flock of 5 or 6 of them went nuts squawking and trying to dive bomb it and pick it to death! My wife was laughing her arse off and I thought I was going to pass out from laughing so hard myself! I was using the GWS 7.2 volt 270 mah battery pack and I got a total of almost 10 minutes flight time out of it at 3/4 to full throttle. I hate to think what it will be like with lower winds and me flying at 1/2 throttle! Cant wait to see what it'll do in calm winds! Well thats it for now! I'm going to Houston tomorrow to pick up a spare receiver crystal for my GWS receiver and flight pack, TTFN (ta ta for now) Da Phreak!
Old 05-14-2003, 05:39 PM
XxNEALIOSzPLANESxX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pico Stick 1st flight today!

I hear your using the 7.2 volt pak on your flyer right? You know there are plans out on the internet to make the thing have alerons.......way cooler......Another thing you could do is put the 8.4 volt pack on it. I have 2 of these paks for my mustang(tobad mine came with a wrong moto..a mabuchi 50 instead of a 4m). My friend has the zero and the things a blast with the 8.4's. So with an 8.4 and ailerons, that stik's ganna be wiked!

Ps if you think about another plane....definately the zero or mustang........!!
Have fun!!