Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

GWS "Slowstick" Vs. GreatPlanes "Yard Stik"

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Nickerz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS "Slowstick" Vs. GreatPlanes "Yard Stik"

Which plane is better and why? Or are they equal?

I hear a lot of talk about the GWS but GreatPlanes seems to me to be better quality. I saw a video of someone flying their GWS Slowstick in his backyard, over water and it looked very forgiving but I haven't heard much about this similar plane by GreatPlanes. Also, the motor in the GWS is a 370 vs. the GreatPlanes motor 280 so more power in the GWS! How much is the GWS and what does that include?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 04-16-2004, 02:17 PM
yodazro1

Default RE: GWS "Slowstick" Vs. GreatPlanes "Yard Stik"

Nick, I think the ss is about $35 most places.. includes motor but not electronics. I have both SS and YS.. SS is much better IMHO. Takes abuse, flys well. I am using a 2400 Mah Lipo, 7.2 pack and it flys forever.. when I don't get cocky and try to land out of a loop! [X(] The Yard Stik looks great, but is much more fragile and with the stock motor is a little underpowered (the SS will take any GWS motor, so you can jazz it up easily, that plus lipos make it fun).... on the Yard Stik a gust of wind and a cartwheel and there is serious work to be done... also had to redo motor mount after a mild nose over that the SS probably would have flow immediately after. My opinion after having both for about 6 months. Ron
Old 04-16-2004, 05:43 PM
Nickerz
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the reply!

I was leaning towards the SS too! Glad to hear you enjoy it!
Old 04-16-2004, 06:24 PM
azsailor1990

Having owned both planes I can tell you without any hesitation, buy the Slow Stick. THe Yardstick is a underpowered fragile dog. On top of that Great Planes has had any replacement parts on back order for the last two months. GWS parts are very available.