Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

And another!

Old 05-17-2003, 05:36 PM
Dead St!ck

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default And another!

I have been looking for a GWS Tiger Moth for the last 3 weeks but no one has had one in stock and after calling all over Texas and then several internet hobby shopsI still couldnt find one. Anyhow to make a long story short, I called my flying buddy last night and was talking shop and he told me that they had a GWS Tiger Moth at the hobby shop just across the state line. Well I called the hobby shop and he said he indeed had the tiger moth so now I have another plane to add to my collection! If this thing goes together as easily as the Pico Cub F and the Beaver then it should be awesome. Gotta Love GWS planes! P.S. I also ordered a set of Foam Floats for my Pico Cub F and they should be in next saturday. I'll be making my first attempts at a water takeoff with this plane so all wish me luck!
Old 05-18-2003, 12:46 PM
ballgunner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default And another!

My limited experience with water flying tells me that you will need a little more power and a longer duration battery. The power needed to get off the pond will use up an electric fairly fast and thereby limit your in air time. Try adding one more cell and higher mAh power to you flight pak.
Old 05-18-2003, 12:48 PM
ballgunner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default And another!

Sort of a P.S. The GWS Tiger Moths I have seen are very vulnerable to fuselage damage. Handle with care.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:54 AM
Bill L

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default And another!

Read about the GWS Tiger Moth. It is light, very slow, and can't stand much breeze at all. Last week at the AMA in Muncie In. I watched a GWS Tiger Moth take off like a heli, The Pilot started the motor, and it lifted straight up off the runway due to the breeze, then flew forward, but he did not fly long because he admitted it was too much breeze. (about 10mph) Good Luck and Happy flying[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Search this Thread