Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Damage and how to repair question.

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Damage and how to repair question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 04:51 PM
LTSharpe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damage and how to repair question.

Hello All, well my predator got the best of me today. I lost orientation and nose dived it at high speed into the ground,, hard ground. Tail is destroyed, nose is cracked and one servo came loose from it's mounting. At this point the other one makes a continous clicking ratcheting sound when you pull down on the stick all the way, and the one that was knocked loose makes a continous whirring noise just sitting there without you moving the stick at all.

Are these servos toast? Also the other question is can you actually separate these plastic hulls? The photos on the site show how it's done and I hear people talking about working on their guts all the time but the hull looks molded together to me. I did figure out how to unscrew and then slide out the servo assembly though through the hollow opening under the wing though.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:16 AM
czechyour6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Damage and how to repair question.

Im not sure what a Predator is, but most servos come apart and you can replace the plastic gear sets, or if its like a Megatech, then you might have to order factory stuff from back of your manual