Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

slow stick flying

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 02:56 AM
SimonBryant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slow stick flying

Who loves Slow Stick flying?

I've had glo fixed wing, Electric gliders, Firebirds, Aerobirds....and now the Slow Stick, which in my opinion is the best alround fun you can have at such cheap costs, whats more the SS can be modified in just about any area...it can fly as slow as you like to as fast as you like with the right modification...

When i first took my SS down my local flying field i had a few raised eye brows and people saying what the hell is that....now all my buddies are thinking of buying one...the SS is with out doubt one of the most fun ways to get in to RC, i find it totally relaxing flying, i just can't wait to get my LiPo's for that all out endurance....

If you hav'nt got one your not in the game!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone agree with me?

Simon
Old 04-27-2004, 04:59 AM
foreverNight

Default RE: slow stick flying

I agree totally! I bought a complete slowstick package only because i wanted the electronics it came with. I decided to build the ss to see what the fuss was about. It was great. Totally diffrent experiance than buying a rtf deal. I still like my aerobird though
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46859.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	126753  
Old 04-27-2004, 05:07 AM
SimonBryant

The Aerobird is a nice model to fly, but there is something about the SS i love..... i just can't put my finger on it.

I think it's because it's different from the Aerobird/Firebirds/other electric gliders, I love the Aluminium fuse with all the electronics hanging off it.....i like to see the Speed Controller/Reciever etc...in other ARTF/RTF kits the beauty of the electronics is hidden inside....but needless to say for $35 you can't go wrong!

I can't see me flying anything else for a long time

Simon
Old 04-27-2004, 11:21 AM
RC Sumo

Thing about the slow stik.....it is SO stable and gentle of a flyer...it is relaxing. I own an Aerobird, but have flown the SS as well. I love both for different reasons. The SS will be added to my hanger once I get into more traditional equipment.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:18 PM
mc_cooper

how much is the slow stick with out the radio, but with electronics, if there is a version like that?
Old 04-27-2004, 01:20 PM
RC Sumo

most hobby shops sell it for less than $50 with the motor.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:46 PM
FlybyPDX
My Feedback: (2)

Someone whould make "I Love My Slow Stick" bumper stickers! LOL HAHA!!! Maybe people would get the wrong idea.... lol