Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

GWS Tigermoth

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 07:34 AM
RONSTERMONSTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Tigermoth

I wouold like to say that every one that has any sized yard should get a tiger moth or ever the cub from gws . I flew mine this weekend for the first time . I must say it flew great right out of the box way better than i expected . also the space needed is not very large . Even with a little wind it is a blast loops inverted its all good.
Ron
Old 08-11-2003, 11:14 AM
EvolPenguin

Default GWS Tigermoth

The Tiger Moth can go inverted? I thought the wings collapsed when you did that. I was thinking about getting it and I heard about that. Do you have to support them or what?

Alex
Old 08-11-2003, 05:09 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Default GWS Tigermoth

The two GWS Tiger Moths tha I've known about only had one weakness,WEAKNESS. They do break very easily but are one of the best park flyers around. I'm about to get another when I finish some current projects.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:23 PM
RONSTERMONSTER

Default GWS Tigermoth

put some .5 glass cloth in the middle of the bottom and top wing about 1/3 out from center wings will not fold again its a little heaver but flies fine.
Ron
Old 08-12-2003, 11:33 AM
EvolPenguin

Default GWS Tigermoth

Cool. Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll get a Tiger Moth next.

Thanks
Alex
Old 02-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Fox 22

Default RE: GWS Tigermoth

I took some black thread, and criss-crossed it from the wing pylons to the fuse like guywires in the old (fullscale) biplanes, and it is incredibly strong. It doesn't look like a bird flapping it's wings anymore! I've done some pretty High G loops, etc, and the wings don't even flex.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:03 AM
O2man
My Feedback: (5)

Flying wires are the answer to the GWS Tiger Moth's weakness. The flying wires add virtually no weight and cure the strength issue for any kind of aggressive flying you can coax out of her.

Run the lines ( thread, monofilament, nearly anything that will fit the application) from the top outer strut to the fuse, and from the top cabane strut to the lower outer strut. When you have the lines equalized, put a spot of glue on the knot and you are in business!

Now the only way to hurt the plane is to fly it into the ground, or a light pole, or a tree, or........ I can do that very well. Bet you can too, if you try.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Billiam411

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will HS81s work with this?
My LHS had the "Pico Tiger Moth" Is this different from what you're talking about. They said that the 400 size hasen't come out yet. Is this True?
Old 02-05-2004, 01:19 PM
O2man
My Feedback: (5)

Pico Tiger Moth is the one I have. The HS 81's might be too much for it. Save them for something more demanding. I uised the GWS package that provides servos receiver ESC and Battery pack. Good place to start.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:08 PM
scott88-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Has annyone seen the Tiger 3d or 400 models on the shelves of your LHS??? I'm looking for them.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:50 AM
SlyPilot

I have only read about the 400 speed TigerMoth from GWS's goofy website. I've enjoyed the one I have so much, that when the time comes the 400 speed version will make the short list.

I have the standard 9 oz IPS version - good fun as is. I've seen it flown inside a living room - very tight turning radius.

I've experienced no problem with the wings or it's construction, but I took precautions during construction based off of feedback from this site and others. Attached is a fuselage snapped in half - fixed now.

Servo and RX are pico size - I don't remember the brand, might the GWS pico pack.

See my finished moth here and a wide variety of designs from other peeps:
http://homepage.mac.com/jamiehurt/pl...toAlbum61.html

See a video here:
http://homepage.mac.com/jamiehurt/pl...Theater69.html

The GWS Baron and the Gentle Lady is also on this site, just click around if interested.

Cheers,
jamie
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31944.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	98252