Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Other uses for Aerobird Batteries??

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Other uses for Aerobird Batteries??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 02:32 PM
bkiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other uses for Aerobird Batteries??

Well, looks like after about 60 successful flights, my ABC is dead. I was teaching my dad to fly it when he got a little mixed up and lawn-darted it from about 50 feet up. Anyway, after fixing the wing, boom, and tail, I discovered that both servos glitch uncontrollably.

I know that the radio equipment is pretty much useless, but what about the batteries? Are there any other NON-HOBBYZONE models which would be a good home for the ABC batteries? I have several six and seven cells which I hate to waste.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian
Macon, GA
Old 04-28-2004, 04:11 PM
RC Sumo

Default RE: Other uses for Aerobird Batteries??

you know you can get another fuse from HobbyZone right? would be a shame to waste that great equipment. I think the fuse is like$50.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:53 PM
foreverNight

i think the toytronix t-hawk will accept them. i'ts like an aerobird, except it uses standard electrics.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:55 PM
LTSharpe

Know how you feel. I crashed my predator and vaporized the gears in both servos. Same thing nose dive at great speed. I have come to adopt the principal of the loss of one plane is the gain of another I've gone through a firebird II and now the predator in about 3 months. I could have replaced parts in each one but just didn't think it was worth it. I going to be flying slower now with a yellow bee. I might try an abc in the future but I think I've found I really just like gliding around more than I like looping about and such. The yellow bee appears to be a good slow glider etc, 20 minute flight seem to be common. Hopefully it lasts longer than a month and half or so......
Old 04-28-2004, 06:13 PM
RC Sumo

LTSharpe........ last nite I did my first altitude test with my ABC. Got up to about 500' before I chickened out.....then I just glided around and actually seemed to catch a thermal for a bit.....flight time.....25 mins. I imagine if I knew what Iwas doing with thermals and has powered up to a higher altitude I could have been up for a long time. Just a thought if you were still considering an ABC.

Although admittably, I am a little biased........but aren't we all?

But hey, it's great fun to see that orange a few hundred feet in the air.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:57 PM
LTSharpe

Yeah I figured they glided pretty well if they are anything like the fb II. It glided very well, and I think the abc has similiar wings just a hell of a lot bigger and built for more speed. Sooner or later I'll probably end up with one unless I lose interest completely or something else comes along
Old 04-28-2004, 10:08 PM
jake100

I use mine in my slow stick [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 04-28-2004, 11:18 PM
20minpilot

Jake how did you convert the battery harness? cut the wires and put new connector on it?
love to know,,,just bought my first ss and I have 3 hobbyzone planes,with tons of batteries!
Old 04-29-2004, 02:24 PM
bkiser

Just to provide a little more clarity to my question:

I am really kind of bored with the ABC- would like to go to something like a Zagi, or possibly just a backyard slow-flyer, but not really interested in continuing with the ABC-type planes (not that there is anything bad about them). Might just be better off selling them on Ebay....

Brian