Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Wattage tangent w/ lipo's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 11:46 PM
brentp76
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage tangent w/ lipo's?

Has anyone run the wattage tangent with lithium batteries.. I have a couple thunderpower 1320 2 cells and want to use them in this plane. if so suggestions on mounting and balance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:13 PM
steveg_oz

Default RE: Wattage tangent w/ lipo's?

I've just managed to cram 3S1P 1500 Mah Lipo pack into my Tangent. It kind of fits in the belly pan. I glued the pack to the wing (with some silicone cauking) and made the belly pan removable. Have a castle creations speed controller and a Mega 16/7 motor. Will try flying it this weekend.

With the heavier motor, I got the plane to balance by making a 2 - 1 pack configuration, with the 2 cells towards the rear of the wing.

Steve
Old 12-06-2004, 03:11 AM
nitrowatt

Default RE: Wattage tangent w/ lipo's?

I use 1320 3S in my tangent. I cut the wood at the LE so I could put the pack so the fwd end is almost at the wing LE. Using Himax 2015-4100. When I started with this plane I found that the cg was too aft...so I cut the support wood stuff so I could put the pack as far forward as possible and it's great now. The kokam 1500s are way bigger than the TP 1320s. I have some of each.