Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Any info on The Wattage Cap 232 Anybody have one?

Old 06-01-2003, 08:49 PM
mombo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Any info on The Wattage Cap 232 Anybody have one?

Hi All,
I've been thinking about getting this plane. But I haven't seen or heard anything about it. Hobby People have it on sale for $99.99 With a 400 Cobalt motor. Any info would be great!
Thanks, Mark

http://www.hobbypeople.net/
Old 06-12-2003, 06:25 PM
nightrider646

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i just bought the wattage su-31 which is a good arf i havn't flown it yet but the construction is first class. and everything fit inside great. the linkages are a little annoying but once you get the hang of it, it isn't a problem. i havn't flown it yet but the weight seems a little heavy for a plane with only a 29 inch wingspan, i wouldn't get a bigger motor a bat than they recomend.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:27 PM
nightrider646

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

oh i forgot. hobby people is a great distributor they shiped right a way, and you can track your package with the ups tracking number they give you. no damage during shipping, and the packaging was great
Old 04-22-2004, 11:43 AM
boosted180

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Any info on The Wattage Cap 232 Anybody have one?

i just bought the cap and flew it for the first time yesterday. i used a 3 cell kokam lipoly 1500mah batt and it just burnt that sucker up! (i should have used a 2s3p setup, but i didnt know this beforehand). anyway, it was very fast and the climb was ok, but not great. after about 5 minutes of flight i suddenly lost power and for a second or two lost radio control too. after a hard landing (no damage though), i found out my batt was just toasted. apparently the current draw of this motor was just way too much for the this batt.

does anyone have any suggestions on what other power systems would be a good alternative for this plane? i really like the plane but the power system, i think is just too inefficient (crappy flight times and performance that's just "ok"). would the inline gearbox for the cobalt decrease current draw and increase efficiency? how about the multiplex 400 ball bearing motor or the 450 turbo motor direct drive or with a gearbox? i dont have the money for a brushless.

thanx,
brian
Old 04-22-2004, 07:25 PM
NMPhi767

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Any info on The Wattage Cap 232 Anybody have one?

If you can save for the brushless. These planes are a bit heavy and the brushless motor with some lipo's really helps on the wingloading of this plane. This plane runs well on a Mega 16/15/7 direct drive and it fits right into the old motor mount. Brushless power really makes this plane scream. Another slightly less expensive option would be a Himaxx 2025 series. You can buy these with a planetary gear drive if you want a bigger prop with less amp draw and Maxx products sells a clam shell mount that has cooling fins that will mount this motor right on to the wood mounts that are attached the firewall.

Search this Thread