Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Aerobird Xtreme Control Horns

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 10:26 PM
aragorn318

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird Xtreme Control Horns

I have been flying the Aerobird Extreme now for about a month and have played with the tail control horns. There are 4 different control horn holes and with the Pro and Sport Mode options, I view the plane as having 8 different control settings in total. I have had 9 flights with my aerobird xtreme and I've tried 4 different settings so far. In the Pro Mode, I tried threading the wire through the 3rd(default) closest hole from the surface as well as the 1st(most responsive). I found that, to my dismay, the 3rd hole still made the plane handle boring, but the 1st hole in the Pro Mode was virtually impossible! The plane was so responsive that I had no minute control whatsoever. I crashed the plane on the 1st hole hard. Unfortunately, I have not even had a chance to try threading through the 2nd hole yet!

Any other thoughts or experiences on this?

Also, did anyone try modifying the flimsy and fragile landing gear yet?
Old 05-09-2004, 07:21 AM
mgenung

Default RE: Aerobird Xtreme Control Horns

I routinely fly in Pro-mode w/the control lines set at the closest point to the tail. Further I have modified the per pictures at the MSN Unofficial Hobbyzone Club to double the control area size. As a result I can fly inverted level flight (w/a fresh battery) and can roll, do split S's, Cuban 8's etc.

It is a matter of what you are used to. I recommend you fly in Pro-Mode at what ever horn setting you feel comfortable in and then increase the throw (adjust the control lines in toward the tail surfaces) as you increase in your proficiency.

I restarted flying in December 2003 after doing only control line stuff 20+ years ago. I started w/a Fire Fly, then an ABC and now my ABX. So it won't take you long either.

Good Luck and Have Fun!
Old 05-10-2004, 03:09 PM
flyerdude

the abc is the best plane soo far put out by hbz. the abx handles lik a tugboat.I just got one and i hate it
Old 05-10-2004, 03:12 PM
flyerdude

but...................... im finally getting used to it and its not so........ bad.