Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

lady bug by clancey avation

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 05:52 PM
planefreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lady bug by clancey avation

Hi, does the lady bug from clancy avation fly well and work well. thanks
Old 05-18-2004, 08:10 AM
enrique1123

Default RE: lady bug by clancey avation

Yes.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:16 AM
crashawk

yes it flys very well. it is overbuilt for electric flight and you will want to lighten it up as much as possible. mine flys great with a lps drive and 2 cell li-poly at 6.5 ounces, it started with nimh battery and 7.5 ounces, that ounce made a huge difference. I pull the gear off and fly mine indoors but do most my flying in front of my house. flys backwards with a little breeze.

Jason
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34011.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	133911   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33203.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	133912  
Old 05-19-2004, 02:23 AM
crashawk

one more thing, push all the equipement as far forward as you can from the start or you will have to move the wing back on the fuselage to get the cg right. (go ahead, ask me how I know)

Jason
Old 05-19-2004, 06:37 AM
enrique1123

I was being sardonic, your questions is to general so anyway! It's a great little plane, did you build it yourself? What motor did you use? it flies great with a 180 geared up to a 370, very stable, too small for ROG's but otherwise very stable. I've had mine for well over a year and fly it with a 180 geared motor and a 6x4 prop with a 2 cell Kokam 1020 LiPo and a CC Pixie 7 esc, I get over 25 minutes of flight with a single battery it's great.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:07 AM
crashawk

I'm using the apogee 840mah 2cell with an ips d drive (same motor and gearing as a pico stick) using a gws 9x4.7 prop right now, but have flown it on a 7x6. I've found that I can fly at half throttle with the bigger prop and get much longer flights out of it but have had up to 15 minutes at full throttle. I built mine from the plans that came with the kit in an effort to lighten it up, I've got it down to an even 6 ounces now. it won't quite loop from level flight but will with a little dive, does a really funny rudder roll and is near impossible to fly inverted, it keeps flopping over, it sometimes flops over out of the loop too but is just too fun to stop. I use the pixie 7 myself, I think I'll stick with CC products their pretty good.

later.
Jason
Old 05-21-2004, 06:24 AM
enrique1123

I particularly like the covering job and the colors on yours, and by the way I think of mine as a cat, it won't stay upside down either.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:33 AM
beach flyer

If any one of you are clancy avation customers please email me I have found a knock of of the speedy bee and baby bee that really makes me angry!
Old 07-31-2004, 10:10 PM
crashawk

my bug just keeps surprising me, last weekend I had a 30 plus minute flight out at the local field, I kept passing it around and four of us flew it. everyone gave me a hard time about how long I was up, they are all used to 7 and 8 minute flights, made me feel pretty good. I actually couldn't find someone else to give me a break and only landed when I did because I was getting tired

later.
Jason