Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

GWS Corsair almost finished

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 06:14 PM
mightybohunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Corsair almost finished

Well here is my latest adds to my GWS Corsair. I liked a pic I saw of the radial engine in one of these forums so I snagged it. Printed it out on photo quality paper and glued to a blank from a stack of CDs. Not a CD mind you just the blank on the bottom of the stack. I cut out arounf the heads of the radial to allow some air flow. Glued it in place with silicone dabs on 5 or so heads inside the cowl. The 4 blade prop painted up looks so much better then the orange slow flyers. I have a 4 blade 10x8 on it at the moment. Thrust seems as good as the 2 blade 11x8 judging by feel only. Any thoughts if it will fly boys? I have the EPS400C 5:28 geared installed with a 3s LiPo. I installed the LiPo underneath the stock battery compartment as the battery was too thick to fit even with mods. I sewed a neoprene bag open on one end velcro'd to the underneath in front of the reciever and servos. It is in ther nice and snug and can be removed if you take the wing off. The electrical connactors are up through in to the stock compartment for charging access. Still a bit tail heavy I think so am weighting the cowl a bit to bring the CG forward. Anyone else used a 4 blade with this plane? I may maiden with the 2 blade. ALmost afraid to try her. We have been flying our slow stick and sailers so far but she looks too good to keep in the hangar forever. Still need to replace the canopy as the CA glue reacted with our pilot and he fogged it all up.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Vintauri
My Feedback: (25)

Default RE: GWS Corsair almost finished

Sounds like an interesting cowl... Can you post pics of your set up?
Old 05-23-2004, 08:10 PM
mightybohunk

Here ya go. With photo quality paper and a good image, only a 3D plastic replica could be better.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64943.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	135458  
Old 06-27-2004, 10:49 PM
mightybohunk

Fianlly got her up and she hauls! After fixing a reciever problem we finally got a calm evening to maiden my corsair. She flies like a dream on the 400c with H gearing. I had attempted flight with an 1180 prop and a bad reciever kept cutting out after 20 feet. Once we corrected I had a 1280 prop and put it on and tossed her up. This plane is so sweet to fly. I lost it in the sun and the landing was, well shall we say, "splat". But a little glue here and there and we will be back in business. Even with no rudder turns are sweet. Next up a roll as it definitely has enough juice.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:28 AM
SBR_RV

does any cooling get into the motor.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:26 PM
rcFLYBOY14

Did you put a rudder servo in it at all?
Old 09-06-2004, 07:45 AM
ashleyhall

Anyone still on this thread? having troubles with building my Corsair, RE the Ailerons - search the forum for posts by me and reply if you have the time, really stuck!

Cheers, Ash
Old 09-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Nahm
My Feedback: (1)

I just came along to see what I could find on the Corsair as I am just completing mine, what is your problem with the ailerons?

NB
Old 09-09-2004, 03:24 AM
ashleyhall

Hi mate, see here...
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2150468/tm.htm

...continue thread there.