Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

GWS PT-17 flight report

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 07:14 PM
theHarpmanDan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS PT-17 flight report

Hello all,
Just installed a brushless into my stearman, and took my first test flight. I used a Mini ac 1215/16, jeti advanced 18a esc., and lipo power (Kokam 2cell 1500, and a 3cell 2100 tp).

Both batteries fly great, but the thunder power 3 cell is truely amazing. My stearman went from a very agile aerobat to a bipe that flies strait up off the ground. I haven't tried it yet, but I am sure you could launch it by the wingtip. it swings strait up and wants to leave your hand!!!

At any rate this plane with a brushless is vertually 3d. Maybe it is time to hook up flapperons.

If anyone could tell me which gearbox and prop. would suit my motor best I would greatly appreciate it. I don't know too much about these gws gearboxes...what is the ratio on a C drive for example?

Happy landings.

theHarpman