Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Sig Rascal Wing

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 01:12 PM
Plane_Nutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Rascal Wing

I’m building an electric Sig Rascal and I just glued the wing together. My question is: do I need to wrap cloth and glass around the dihedral joints of the wing? On one hand I appreciate the need to ‘keep it light’. On the other hand I read a review that said the dihedral joints are a weak point. And, the instructions do not mention anything about it.

I want it to fly well but don’t want the wing to fold up on me either. I won’t be doing any violent maneuvers, just flying around a big park near my home. I think Sig sells a lot of these little planes, both kits and ARF’s, and hope that some of you fine folks will share your experience.

PS: I've built several 40 to 60 glow powered planes but this is my first electric.