Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Flying Rock need help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 10:45 AM
jschlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying Rock need help.

I am flying a Kyosho Ferias. The flight performance of my current set up was good until my last flight. The only modification from a stock setup is the battery, I’m using an 8-cell pack instead of a 7-cell, still well within weight window. During the last flight about 4 minutes in the aircraft started to act like a rock, the aircraft was landed roughly but did no damage. My thought was the battery was bad, I replaced the battery and tried to fly but at full power all it could do was a controlled glide back to earth. What should I look for to solve this problem? Bad motor, bad gearbox, different pitch prop (currently the supplied 9/5)?
Old 06-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Flying Rock need help.

My guess is that either the motor has gone bad or you got a false peak when charging the battery.

Also, check the gearbox mesh between the motor pinion gear and the spur gear. If it slipped, there may be excessive drag in the gearbox robbing you off most of the power.

Good luck!
Old 08-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Ferias flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flying Rock need help.

I gave my ferias gearbox some grease and the perfomance was increased by a lot, earlier it felt like the engine really was out of power.

ferias flyer