Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Sky Scooter Brushless Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 04:58 PM
PD Hogwild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sky Scooter Brushless Upgrade

I need some help and suggestions. I've flown the Sky Scooter Pro 2 stock for a few months and have it mastered. I want to now upgrade to a brushless motor/esc system. I saw the megamotors video of this upgrade at http://www.megamotorsusa.com/Videos/Sky-Scooter.htm and was blown away by the improved performance. So I'm going to buy exactly what this plane has, an Acn 16/15/6 motor, Phoenix 25 esc, and an 8x4 prop w/ adaptor on a direct-drive setup. Now here's some questions I'd sincerely appreciate some advice with since I'm new to this upgrade. How should I set this motor (same size as speed 400) in the fuseloge (epoxy, shoe goo, etc?) What is the best way to reinforce the foam wings, strapping tape or a single thin carbon fiber rod melted into and across the wing? Can I use the 7 cell 600mah stock batteries with the new motor? Can I use the same Hitec 3 channel Tx and Rx that came with the scooter with this upgrade? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -p
Old 06-24-2004, 08:54 PM
foreverNight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sky Scooter Brushless Upgrade

About the motor installation.. dont use epoxy its too permanent and when you need to take out the motor youll rip out chunks of foam. I learned the hard way. Shoe goo sounds interesting. what i eneded up doing was reinforcing the inside of the motor mount
with wooden coffee stirrers and using hot glued to glue it in. I also did the airscoop mod so the motor doesnt even get warm, so the hot glue melting isnt a problem. I saw that brushless upgrade awhile back and it looks great. good luck with yours.

BTW I've heard of people using high temp silicon to glue in the motor. It can be found in the auto section of wal-mart!

Also loose the stock battery and go to radio shack and get the 9.6v nihm 1600 mah battery, they are on sale right now for
14.99 ! up to 15 minute flight and much more power!