Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Has anyone flown one of these?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Has anyone flown one of these?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 02:36 AM
HighPitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone flown one of these?

They have been selling on ebay for couple weeks. Just wondering if anyone here has tried one. It's a well done Comet conversion. It's the real small (24") one. Looks fun if you have good eyes!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ndexURL=0&rd=1
Old 07-22-2002, 06:08 AM
HitecRedneck

That plane would be ideal for electric and for 30 some bucks you can't go wrong.
Old 07-22-2002, 01:10 PM
larryflew
My Feedback: (13)

Default ?

Since your profile says you have a varmint like the ones on auction and your both from south FL I assume you already have flown one. You tell us how they fly-looks interesting.
Old 07-22-2002, 02:24 PM
Bill Germanson
My Feedback: (4)

I think his profile says "Vermin" not "Varmint".

I went and looked at the eBay listing for the plane and sent the seller (Dennis DeVore) a note and he replied back with some pictures and a in-process setup guide. It looks like he did his homework on this kit and has produced a nice low-cost, easy to build foamie setup that is fast and looks good. I'm considering getting one to have some fun with and will post back my results if I do.

Thanks,

BG
Old 07-23-2002, 02:57 AM
larryflew
My Feedback: (13)

Default corrected

I stand corrected and look forward to hearing from anyone who does give it a try.
Old 07-24-2002, 06:35 AM
HighPitch

I've probably logged better than 20 hours with Varmint airplanes but I hesitate to give my opinion since I'm involved with the project and I would rather forum members get unbiased opinions from actual customers--(good AND bad). We've sold quite a few on ebay so I'm sure we will all hear about it soon. When balanced and trimmed properly these things fly REALLY GOOD! We will continue to sell a couple or so a week on ebay cheap for bargain hunters (like me!) Thanks for the interest and Happy Flying--Dennis DeVore

http://varmint-assault.com/mywebsite/