Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Foamies????

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 11:12 AM
Steve-o-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foamies????

Hey guys,

I was reading a forum on another site- RCgroups.com - about a guy who bought one of those styrofoam gliders from Wallyworld ( 3.50). He cut out the nose (another guy used a pod), cut the control surfaces, hollwed out an area and jammed in a servo for the rudder, one for the elevator, hollwed out an area in the styrofoam for the ESC, RX, and Batt.

This thing actually flies pretty good----disposable fuselages !!!!!
break it? go buy another !!!!! the plane is called the Sky Rider...it has 4.5' wingspan.

Has anybody tried this? Success?? Advice??

I bought the smaller foam glider - called the Turbo Jet 2000. I have already cut the control surfaces, glued in the pin hinges, and am looking into micro servos.... i think this plane might actually fly !!!!!!

What do you guys think???

Steve-o
Old 07-19-2002, 11:37 AM
Steve-o-RCU

Default Link

here's the link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=1
Old 07-21-2002, 12:38 PM
HighPitch

Default Cheap Fun!

We have been selling a modified Skyraider (the real little one) with an M-100.We call it "Varmint". Everything is hinged, reenforced, and the torque rods and linkages are even done. No glue or "z" bends required. It's fun to do it yourself also, though. Alot of people seem like they would rather fly than work out the cg etc because they have been selling quite well. The turbo jet 2000 uses the same wing as the skyraider. The fuse of the turbojet 2000 is much larger, however. I think the fuse looks much like a Cessna Citation buisiness jet! Have fun---Dennis

Here's a link to the ebay pics:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ndexURL=0&rd=1
Old 07-23-2002, 08:43 AM
Steve-o-RCU

Default nice !

Hey Margate !!

I'm in miami .... so your up by Markaham Park? Are you a LHS?
So which of those planes do you sell for $38.- ? the yellow/red one? Is it covered?

post some pictures here, also some pictures of the control rigging/surfaces........

Very interested !!!!

Steve-o
Old 07-24-2002, 05:58 AM
HighPitch

Default Foamies????

http://varmint-assault.com/mywebsite/

There is one on ebay now fairly cheap (buy it now option). Otherwise the site will give you enough detail to do it yourself and save a few bucks. Most prefer to just get it from us since everything is done for you and the M-100 goes for 24.95 by itself. We just want folks to see how much fun a well done conversion can be. Steve-O, the multicolor plane is definitely not $38! It's a Bridy Designs Dirty Birdy pattern plane. It's an old school 'turnaround' style piped .60 engine 100mph balsa ship. It's just to show the tiny size of the little one. Thanks for the interest-Dennis