Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

E starter parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 03:08 PM
mrstingray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E starter parts

Anyone know if you can buy parts and not the kit for the Estarter? Am learning on mine ( the hard way) and am in the
need for fuselage. Also need a motor bracket/support (mine cracked) for a 400 geared motor. Am getting pretty good with
the plane but landings are hard to come by. Fun as hell though!!!!
Old 08-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: E starter parts

Probably the best bet is to get the slope glider version of the Estarter from Tower or any other vendor. Never purchased one myself, but I believe it has everything but the motor unit & propellor unit in there.

I'm not even sure if it has the stickers to pretty up the plane.

Here's a link to one vendor:
http://www.gwsexpert.com/product_inf...roducts_id=278
Old 08-01-2004, 07:28 PM
mrstingray

Hey, thanks for the info!! Will go to that link!!

Joe
Old 08-02-2004, 02:37 AM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another link you may want to try, to do some comparision shopping, is
www.greathobbies.com Do a search for: GWS starter
and you should come up with a list of parts for the Estarter.

It sounds like you'll also need a gearbox housing. These are around $3.00. GWSexpert will carry these too.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:55 PM
mrstingray

Actually found that GWSexperts have better price on some things. For example, I found the estarter kit (without engine and prop) for $25.00 which is about 20.00 less than my hobby shop. I already have 2 motors. I ended up buying props, gearbox housings, prop saver (don't know how those work but I need em), and a couple of gears. What a great site. Had everything I needed in one stop! I will have plenty of spare parts for my estarter now!

Thanks again for the tip! Happy flying.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:26 AM
gravityrules

I purchased an E-starter slope glider from allerc.com. Good price, good service. I was able to put all the stuff (motor, electronics, battery) from my smashed up P-51 to build it out. I'll probably end up buying another for parts. After reading about people breaking their fuselages on this and other forums, I decided to beef mine up. I used Minwax Polycrilic (Home Depot) furniture finish and some very light weight fiberglass cloth from Hangar 9 (LHS) to glass the entire fuselage and wing. I also glued some light bass wood strips to the inside rear before gluing the halves together. I haven't done any weighing, but it appears to have added minimal weight and will, hopefully add substantial strength. Attached is a picture (I hope) of the finished fuse and wing in process.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57433.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	160208  
Old 08-03-2004, 02:43 PM
mrstingray

Yeah, in my flights, I have broken the main wing on both sides, and the tail has broken off twice. Have glued them back together. Where I have glued has not broken (says alot for the 5 min epoxy I am using). Had about 6 full flights today and brought it back home....until the last flight. Lost all flight control and augered in. Prop, tail, etc. broke.

Did my first barrel roll and loop and had it up high. Was great fun and can't wait to get up there again.

Thanks for the great ideas. I will have to try it. Have a fuselage coming in with a BUNCH of spare parts from GWSexperts and all together it won't cost me more than about 45.00.

Good luck and let me know how the estarter flies with what you have done.

Joe
Old 08-04-2004, 11:20 PM
gravityrules

Had my maiden flights with the plane today. I'm using a stock 350 with GWS 9.6v 730mA battery and GWS 9070 prop. Had to put a little clay in the spinner and moved battery from the battery compartment to the cavity behind the motor to get it to balance. Nice flights, but a bit underpowered. My Himax brushless with GWS direct replacement gearbox came today, so that might not be a problem for long.