Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Very happy with the F27 Stryker

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Very happy with the F27 Stryker

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 08:13 AM
stevennh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very happy with the F27 Stryker

I picked up one of these a couple of days ago and am very impressed. I have an Aerobird Extreme that I have flown hundreds of times and I was getting a little bored with it. The Extreme is a great video platform and will not be retired, but I will be flying the F27 much more. The F27 handles very well. Rolls really tight and loops are a snap. It flys inverted easily and can climb at a good rate while inverted. The F27 is much easier to land than the ABX. I can drop it right where I want it without much runway. It just does not stall so you can really pitch up while landing to burn off speed. The best part is I can use all of the 7 cell 900mah batteries I had lying around from my Aerobird (not the Extreme). For the money ($169.00 included everything, even batteries) this is hard to beat. I plan on building some 8 cell batteries from some spare cells I have and will see what that does for climbing and performance, but the 7 cell performance is not bad at all. I was flying this morning in 10-15mph winds and it cuts right through. The only time I crashed was when I tried high rate mode in the middle hole. I tried to roll the plane and it got away from me very quickly and I lost my orentation and ended up in a tree (no damage). I will have to stick to low rates for now. My only complaint is flight time. I am getting less than 8-10 minutes running at full throttle. I guess that is not bad but I am used to the Extreme now and with my 3000Mah packs I get a half hour of flight with it.

Steve