Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Best Park Flyer?

Old 08-07-2004, 06:27 PM
wesf5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Park Flyer?

I am looking for a good, easy to fly, and can be flown in a small space. I know how to fly gas planes, but when I am at home and I want to fly, but I don't want to drive 45 miles to our flying club's field, I could just fly a park flier or backyard flier. When I was just starting, I tried to fly a Firebird 400 without any experience or any assistance. I didn't really like that plane. I lost it and I've never found it. I have no clue where it went. I would like one that has a least an elevator and rudder, and maybe even ailerons. I've got about a 250 ft. by 75 ft. space with no trees, no nothing in my backyard. Would that be big enough? I think it would. So what do you guys think?
Old 08-07-2004, 08:52 PM
wattman

Default RE: Best Park Flyer?

You could consider a pico Tiger Moth from GWS , it flies slow ,turns well , and there have been many postings reference its flying abilities , and even the pilot who lands and takes off from a picnic table [X(]
Good luck in your quest
Old 08-07-2004, 08:54 PM
WCB

I picked up one of the ParkZone Slo-V sticks. They are sold by Horizon Hobby for like $139. I really like it. It is just what the name says..a slow flier and it doesn't take a lot of room to fly one. It comes complete with battery, charger and transmitter with high and low rates. By the time you charge the battery you can have the plane put together and ready to fly. It is well made and flies great. You can also get the combat module and dogfight with another plane. I fly gas planes too but take the electric to the field just for a change of pace. I've got the Parkzone Stryker too. It is fast and fun but takes a lot more room to fly. Check out the Slo-V you'll like it.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:46 PM
wesf5

I've looked at the Slo-V. Does it have elevator control as well as rudder? or is the pitch control the increase and decrease in throttle?
Old 08-07-2004, 10:56 PM
wesf5

The Tiger Moth from GWS looks like a good one. I might get it if I'm not talked out of it. Can it be hand lauched and land on grass with out it getting holes popped in it?
Old 08-08-2004, 09:17 AM
wattman

Hand lauched works fine I have only landed on pavement.............so far
Quiet flying in the still morning air at 6:30AM today was really NICE
I am really enjoying this Tiger Moth , a lot .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69919.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	161660  
Old 08-08-2004, 09:25 AM
WCB

If you want something that will really cut up (3D) or fly slow, however you want to fly it, then check out www.backyardfoamies.com. 4 channel planes, ail,elev,rudder and throttle. The Slo-V is 3 channel V-tail...the elevators function as rudder and elevator. It is a slow floater. If you want to bore holes in a small area get a foamie.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Airborne 2007

Get a tiger moth or a slow stick. Both fly extremely slow and very good. you said that you know how to fly gas planes, so im assuming that you have your own transmitter. so all you have to buy is a flight pack for smaller electrics, plane, and battery and charger and your set. I think you would love both of these planes.

-John