Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Aerobird batteries won't hold charge

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Aerobird batteries won't hold charge

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 07:22 PM
hontiac
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird batteries won't hold charge

Last spring, I got an Aerobird with 2 of the standard 6-cell batteries. I flew it once every week or 2 all summer, then it sat in a corner until this spring. Now my batteries won't hold a charge! One will give me about 20 seconds of power, and the other will give me about 3 seconds of power.

I have tried cycling them with a cycler, but that didn't change anything. I had read that Ni-MH batteries should not need to be cycled, but I thought it was worth a try. I also read up on storing these batteries, but opinions seemed mixed between storing them charged, dead, or somewhere in between. If it matters, I believe mine were stored charged. I've only ever used the car charger that came with the Aerobird, ususally set to charge at 0.6-0.8.

So what happened? I am ready to give in and buy new batteries, but I would sure like to salvage these if I could. Has anyone else experienced this same thing? What was your solution?

Thank you!
Old 08-17-2004, 05:38 AM
foreverNight

Default RE: Aerobird batteries won't hold charge

set the charger to 1.2. then see what happens. I doubt your batteries are bad. I suggest you get yourself a good AC/DC peak charger. They are far more reliable than the charger you aerobird came with, I know because i had 4 of them and i used them to charge all my plane batteries but, i noticed i would get false peak charges. I bought a piranha digital peak charger and i get perfect charges everytime now. Best 50 bucks i ever spent! ------------->http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCLD5&P=ML
Old 08-17-2004, 10:28 AM
stevennh

Default RE: Aerobird batteries won't hold charge

I use the same charger. It works great for my ABX, ABC and F27 batteries (two different programs). It also handles 8 cell packs for the F27.

Steve