Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

F-27 Stryker ^*CrAsHed!!*^

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 04:50 PM
TOPGUNNER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-27 Stryker ^*CrAsHed!!*^

First off Grammer and Spelling is very bad..... sorry

i just received my Stryker today [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

COOL PLANE........

it was ready to fly in 1min...

With Experience in flying and knowing this is gonna be a piece of cake and make for some easy fun......

But........with the 20mph wind gusts , and being to excited about flying the Stryker

Well.....

1st flight: Charged the battiers on the way to the park.
Got to the park and threw the Strker on her way and the wind maybe picked up to about 25 - 30mph.
i didn't even have my hands in the position to fly on the controller yet and the wind took it like a kite.
i stalled the plane at about 10' trying to turn it back toward us and crashed landed in some nice tall grass on purpose
At that time i realized WOW! its waayyyy to windy so.......
after cleaning the plane from all the grass stuck in places
i said 'Hey Dad, how about you throw the plane so i can have 100% of the controls

We Discussed the wind situation and said ehhh you throw it and ill be alright since both hand are on the controls now...

2nd flight: Welllllllll..... lets just say hummmm THROWER'S ERROR!!
i don't know if it was the joint on the way there J/J or what but....
My dad didn't realize you cant throw it like a baseball.... anyways
i put the throttle at about 60% and said "READY" he says "REAAADY"
OKAY WERE ready!!! He goes to throw it like a Baseball and the Left Wing hits him and about chops his head off
Holding the plane behind him ready to throw, he didn't realize his head would be in the way lol
the plane at about 60-70% throttle with no time to react, nose dives into the ground!!!

The Front nose cone protector thing that you just tape on didn't Brake off [sm=confused.gif]
the fuselage snapped in half right in the middle of the cockpit, the cockpit glass still on plane
and the break away nose cone still on the broken piece
it looks worse than this and hasn't even had any air time yet......

you know how when styrofoam brakes you can some times put it back together and you cant even tell where the break was..
well....
After bringing it home and using alittle tape.
IT Flys Great Now!!
we should of taped it in the first place to give it some reinforcement

about 6'' of clear ductape goes along way.............

p.s. getting another stryker to have dogfights with, I will be puting some tape in places on the front of the fuselage before its maiden.

and remember when launching your plane watch out for your head!
Old 08-19-2004, 03:44 PM
stevennh

Default RE: F-27 Stryker ^*CrAsHed!!*^

I was doing great with mine and then decided to stick with high-rate mode for a while to get used to it. I have piled the poor F27 into the ground nose first twice in two days! Glue and time and it was back in the air both times. These things sure move fast!

Steve
Old 08-20-2004, 12:24 PM
TOPGUNNER

after some tape and glue mine still flys like its brand new

but don't accidentally land to hard or even drop the plane on your walk to the field

not to durable , the Styrofoam packing used to ship the plane is stronger than the plane...[sm=confused.gif]

if you buy a stryker make sure you buy some tape too " You'll Need iT "
Old 08-27-2004, 10:40 PM
jboomer

I've run some strips of tape over the leading edges of the wing (especially close to the fuselage) and out around the wing tips to help reinforce it a little. I too have broken the nose off just under the canopy. Maybe it's a little weak in that area. All in all, mine's held up well!
Old 08-28-2004, 07:33 PM
Gazza2001

and they say these planes are EPP hmmm....
Old 09-01-2004, 12:06 PM
iflyatcae

one of my friends has this plane and God do i love it! after one "get used to it" flight, i had it good. i take off by letting my friend throw it and leaving it in the low rate untill i get to altitude. then i switch it over for some flips and rolls. the only times i crashed was when i started out in high rate( the first time i flew it) and when the prop flew of and it just fell. other than that, ive got this one to an art! and the best part is, i didnt have to pay for it, my friend bought it.lol.

on the contrary, i have a Firebat, and it hasnt impressed me yet. it has a 400 motor instead of a 480, also the battery is much heavier than the f-27. the firebats nose is ssssoooooooo fragile i want to cry! i messed up on the throw one time, not even that bad, and it broke right off. then another time, i had to have a crash landing and it broke again! i wouldnt reccomend the firebat, though i have had a few good flights, and yes i did turn the prop around like it said.

i also have an accipiter badius. that was my first plane. i learned to fly on that one. no instuctors. just mistakes. but tape fixes the wings and you keep on flying. its also a good base for my mini cam.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:07 PM
tramsay

I did the exact same thing! I have had it only a few days, but was getting really comfortable with the low rate, and my wife says "Do a Trick"...so I flip it to High Rate, did roll and loop and BLAM!....plowed it into the ground. The thing shattered! I put it all back together, and did the exact same thing. Was having fun flying on low rate and decided I was high enough to try high rate again. Two loops and a roll later my stryker was in about 6 peices on the ground. I hit the ground so hard it broke one of the contacts on my battery. I am hoping that is repairable. Those batteries are expensive!

...anyway I am going to resist the urge to go to high rate until I am basically bored with Low.

~Tip
Old 10-12-2004, 04:32 PM
iflyatcae

peer presure.... lol
Old 07-21-2005, 08:16 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

never had a problem or crash all summer been flying for 20 yrs. too many beginners get these and they are too fast for them
Old 07-21-2005, 08:31 PM
AgCat1982

topgunner, when you throw it you should have the throttle full open! You need all the power you can get to get it started, then you can throttle back if you want.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Guys, If you go to the regular Stryker forum "way past the limits", at the top left of any page is a blue box. If you click on it you can go to the tips section, and look at the items we've listed for reinforcing/building and hopping up your Stryker. Will help you new guys a lot.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Glacier Girl

Sorry forgot, If you go to the Stryker site, you can also pick the brains of the guys like Agcatsbest, and the others who've been there and done that with this bird.
Oh and if you think the stock version is fast, check my gallery out for the Dark Side versions.

And one last thing. WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION!
Old 07-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Glacier Girl

Yeah,yeah, I know 3 posts in a row, sorry but I felt this was important.
On your launch, follow through with your toss. That prop will bite your hand something fierce if you don't.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:35 AM
csimmer

I've had dozens of flights with my stock Stryker, and I never have the throttle
run when I launch. I holid it in my right hand and keep my left on the radio,
with thumb on the throttle. I run up and down throttle just to check, then
launch it straight. I only throttle up after it's in the air. It always
has enough power to pull into a nice climb and I have all of my fingers
still intact. Another bonus is that if anything did go wrong with the
launch it wouldn't be plowing it in to terra firma at full speed.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:05 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

dont use the grips, launch like a zagi ,grab the le and throw with power on full
Old 07-22-2005, 02:40 PM
cadetman

Hi All
there is No Single Correct way to Launch a Stryker.. everyone has a different technique
but there is a Wrong Way [X(]
make sure you Pre-flight check and read the Flying site Before you Fly
60 seconds looking around and identify the dangers MAY save you taking her home in a Bag

Always Launch into the wind from either level or a slope and first flights are best near long grass
if you can power the motor up quickly after launch then it will work for you,
the main thing is to follow thru with your your hand when you throw if using the Launch Grip
a Zagi Launch takes a bit of practice and Skill to get it right every time,
Learn your Stryker before you go Zagi Launch
if you go brushless then you need to find the best Throttle setting for Launch as it may not be possible to get t your hand OUT OF THE WAY QUICK ENOUGH [:@]

Cadetman
Old 07-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Glacier Girl

The other thing on a big hammer brushless is torque roll. Bird will try and roll badly to the left, if too much throttle is used.