Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Anyone building the J3 Cub from FlyRC pull out plans?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Anyone building the J3 Cub from FlyRC pull out plans?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 06:36 PM
Skycam41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone building the J3 Cub from FlyRC pull out plans?

I just received my October Flyrc magazine and really like the Dave Patrick designed J3 Cub pull out plans. I have never scratch built a plane but have many kits under my belt. If anyone is in the process of building or thinking about it let me know.

Cheers

Mike
Old 08-18-2004, 06:53 PM
mhs2008

Default RE: Anyone building the J3 Cub from FlyRC pull out plans?

I liked that design too and was planning on building it. I have never built a plane from scratch but have built a few kits. Any tips on making my own parts etc. (Im in the process of building the GP Piper Cub .40)
Old 08-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Skycam41

You and I will both be figuring it out! I am not sure what it means on the plans when it says 1/8" sheet outline with an arrow pointing to the top of the rudder. Hopefully some scratch builders out there can give us some hints/tips!
Mike
Old 08-19-2004, 08:29 AM
mhs2008

I guess we will be figuring this out ourselves..[]
ORIGINAL: Skycam41

I am not sure what it means on the plans when it says 1/8" sheet outline with an arrow pointing to the top of the rudder.
Mike
I think the 1/8" sheet outline is just the thickness of the balsa he used on the rudder.
Next time I think about it I'm gonna have to run the plan into my local Kinkos and have it enlarged. Where did that cowling come from because that definitely is not built with balsa?
BTW heres a good site for scratch building [link=http://www.airfieldmodels.com/index.htm]Airfield Models[/link]
Old 08-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Skycam41

Thanks for the info...on the plans it says that the fibreglass cowl came from Dave Patrick Models although after checking his site I did not find it.