Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Specs for the Parkzone J-3 Cub prop?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Specs for the Parkzone J-3 Cub prop?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Leafy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Specs for the Parkzone J-3 Cub prop?

I'm wondering if other props can be used with this plane. My local hobby shop has a bunch of other generic type props and none for the Parkzone J-3 cub. Is it possible to use one of these generic props assuming the specs are similar? What are the specs for the Parkzone J-3 Cub prop?

Thanks!
Leafy
Old 08-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Rat1

Default RE: Specs for the Parkzone J-3 Cub prop?

This is a very good question. I to have had to wait for backorder on a ParkZone J3 cub prop and it is kinda frusterating since my local hooby shop is 50 miles away. I know the shaft size is 3 mm like the Slow V and alot of other slow flyers or park flyers. The length is 8 inches but not quite sure what the pitch is. Right now I am working on using the motor and wing etc off the cub for a arrow shaft project of mine and I am going to try putting the Slow V prop on it first.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:31 PM
phase_boy

Default RE: Specs for the Parkzone J-3 Cub prop?

Leafy,

I find that the GWS 8x6 props (bright, orange props) work very well on my J-3 Cub. They are lighter, they seem to be better balanced, and they don't cause as much vibration as the stock props.

However, they do break more easily (which is, in reality, a bonus - they will absorb a lot more of the shock from a nose-in than the original props; the number of bent prop shafts, for me at least, has been reduced since I switched). This is offset by the fact that the GWS propellers are a fraction of the price of new, stock propellers.

I believe the stock propeller is an 8x4. The GWS, as I mentioned above, is an 8x6. I believe this means more thrust per rotation with the GWS. I haven't noticed any change in performance, though.

Hope this was helpful.
- Sylvan