Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

This Could be the Best $40 Plane Around

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

This Could be the Best $40 Plane Around

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 05:53 PM
INeedHelp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Could be the Best $40 Plane Around

As I had said in my earlier post this is my experience with the Wisper from MonsoonRC. First let me say this was the quickest shipping I have ever come across, I ordered the plane on Aug. 23 and it arrived on the 25th. The build was a fairly typical one for a wing and the directions were o.k. but as with almost all directions could be better. The manufacture suggested using hot glue which I have never used before but I will alot in the future since it speeds the construction quite a bit. So on to the flight, the maiden went very well I just needed to add some trim to the left and a little down but after that it was off to the races. This plane out of the box is very sporty and I was able to perform every manuver that I am capable of performing with ease. My next flight I want to add more aileron to see what kind of a roll rate I can get as the initial settings are conservative. Over all for a company with no feedback at this forum I was really impressed and will be more than willing to try their other planes if they all perform like this Wisper.

Thanks for the input on my earlier post.

I should mention this is a Wisper Sport not the Wisper Trainer. www.monsoonrc.com
Old 08-29-2004, 07:00 PM
INeedHelp

Default RE: This Could be the Best $40 Plane Around

I have been out flying the Wisper more this week end and it is a truely great plane I can do everything I want to do with it. Definately more manuverable than my 48" Unicorn, it has very good acceleration, and is quieter than most wings. Off to fly more.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:16 AM
Freakazoid

What about durability? And I LIKE noise.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:18 PM
INeedHelp

It is made from EPP foam and coroplast, seems to have held up very well to my experiments. I have hit terra firma several times and the most I have had to do is reattach a wing tip. Overall I have been very impressed by this plane however when I experimented with the throws I could get it to tip stall. There is a warning in the directions I guess I should have followed about that but hey, gotta try it right?

BTW it bounces really well also.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:34 PM
wingflyer

I was surprised to see someone else posting who has a Wisper from Monsoonrc. I have had mine for awhile but $40 is a good price. This has turned into one of my favorite planes. Still fly the Slow Stick sometimes too. Been wondering about putting a brushless on my Wisper. Anyone tired it yet? Thinking about the Cutlass they sell also. Looks a little different then anything else I fly. Keep us up to date on your Wisper.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:31 PM
INeedHelp

This is a picture of the bottom of my Wisper I covered it with ultra-cote light.

Old 09-04-2004, 12:47 PM
wingflyer

I needhlep I see you are in Mesa too. Why don't you email me and perhaps we can get together and fly. Have you seen the new one that Monsoon just put out. it is a smaller plane but a great price. I got a chance to fly it the other day. Let me know where you fly.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:09 PM
INeedHelp

ORIGINAL: wingflyer

Let me know where you fly.
There is about 3 Wisper flyers now at a park and I will send the directions when I get a chance to write them down. I know how to get there but couldn't tell you how the car is on auto-pilot when we go.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:56 AM
wingflyer

I stopped by the store and bought one of those Little Thunder before the sale was off. Do you ever go to the Thursday night fly in at the D & D in east Mesa? I am going this week and there seems to be a good turnout. There are other Wispers there too.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:40 PM
INeedHelp

Yeah, I am out there all the time. I will see you there we always have a good time gabbing and joking around. Sometimes we even get some flying in as well.[8D]
Old 09-10-2004, 09:10 AM
INeedHelp

A great time was had by all last night at the D & D Hobbies fly-in last night. I had the chance to fly alot of the different planes for sale there and there is alot of information for the beginner to be had. Almost as much info sharing as flying going on there, if you are in the Mesa area you should come by and check it out.[8D]

I should have mentioned Thursdays at 6:00 p.m.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:51 PM
wingflyer

Ineedhelp it was good to meet you. I agree that there are a lot of choices on planes to try there. I hope to get my Lil Thunder built by next Thursday. Are you up for a little race? Or should we just have a contest to see who can miss the most poles in the parking lot? Does Monsoon RC bring any of the Lil Thunder or Wisper kits to the flyin so we could buy them there. I have a friend who wants one after seeing mine.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:44 PM
INeedHelp

I hope to get my Lil Thunder built by next Thursday. Are you up for a little race? Or should we just have a contest to see who can miss the most poles in the parking lot?
I have seen you fly and your on for a race! We can also miss the light poles at the same time. Yes, there are almost always kits out there for sale so bring PLENTY of money.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:03 PM
wingflyer

I take that as a challenge. Tomorrow at 6 your Lil Thunder versus mine. Maybe some others will join us and we can pylon race around the light poles.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:26 PM
INeedHelp

Was it to dark or were you just affraid to race me tonight? Seems we missed each other so we will have to try next week. I was dissapointed the Wisper sale ended I wanted to get another for my kids. Guess I will have to pay the $50 for one for them instead.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:05 PM
wingflyer

Sorry the challenge is still on but a little thing called work kept me from showing up. I hope to be there next Thursday night. I know you like the Wisper and I agree but I was in the store the other day and you should see some of the prototypes they are working on. Saving my money for one of them. Have you seen their new ideas? You really should stop by their store one day soon and look.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:31 PM
INeedHelp

Yeah, I understand work. Today is the first day I have not had a honeydo list after work myself. To bad the weather was so bad over the weekend I didn't get to go fly at all.[]
Old 09-23-2004, 10:10 AM
wingflyer

Are you ready for the challenge tonight. My Lil Thunder is ready to go. See you at 6. Anyone else want to join us at the fly in?
Old 09-24-2004, 10:24 PM
INeedHelp

The racing was great fun but combat will have to be next. Hope to see you next week.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:45 AM
wingflyer

I will be there and you are on for combat.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:13 PM
INeedHelp

I will be there and you are on for combat.
I hope we can do as good as they are in the new video they have now. I hope we can do as well as they are in the video.

Check it out here. http://www.monsoonrc.com/videos/video.htm
Old 09-30-2004, 10:26 AM
wingflyer

Good video. Will you be there tonight for the flying?
Old 10-15-2004, 12:02 AM
INeedHelp

Wingflyer, I have not seen you out in a while what happened???

Your wife ground you or something??
Old 10-15-2004, 12:43 PM
wingflyer

Something like that. Have to help the wife out around the house once in a while so I can keep buying more planes. It is getting dark earlier now so what are we going to do about flying?
Old 11-05-2004, 09:28 AM
wingflyer

Ineedhelp did you hear that the Sunday morning flying is going to start again at D and D Hobbies in Mesa? Do you know what time they fly on Sunday mornings? I heard that last winter they had a good crowd out there in the mornings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.