Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Living in East Phoenix, Need somewhere to fly my park flyer

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Living in East Phoenix, Need somewhere to fly my park flyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 11:59 AM
iflyrc82
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Living in East Phoenix, Need somewhere to fly my park flyer

I live in Tempe Arizona, and im looking for a good park that is close to fly my park flyer. does anyone have any sugestions, and does anyone know of any parkflyer groups in the phoenix area?

Adam Bradley
[email protected]
Old 08-29-2004, 02:35 PM
INeedHelp

Default RE: Living in East Phoenix, Need somewhere to fly my park flyer

If you are in tempe the place to go right now is the Chandler Bowl. It is close to the 101 and Ray if I remember right go east off the 101 and take the second right. When the street dead ends you are there. Also, this is more laid back, there is a fly-in Thursday nights at the D & D Hobbies shop at 63rd Street and Main in Mesa at 6:00 p.m. D & D is right next to the Goodwill Store. Hope to see you there I am at the Thursday fly-in every week.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:26 PM
hrwatson68

I flew today at the "Chandler Bowl", and I am very happy with it. There were some guys there to help beginners set up their stuff which I thought was very cool. It is a huge park. I flew 4 packs through my Stryker, and it was awesome! From Chandler Blvd, head north on Price(101 frontage road) to Galveston(A half mile), and you cant miss it(Unless like me today you had to find it in the fog!!! ;-) . I have flown at some smaller, scarier sites, and I must say I would go out of my way to fly there.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:09 PM

Hopefully you've found a place by now, but if you haven't, send a PM to "ritewing" ( http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...p?memid=124292) or "asmokindeal" (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...p?memid=132432) on this forum. They're both from that area somewhere.

Brad
Old 01-02-2005, 08:02 PM
flatfenderman

Wow! Sounds cool.. I live down in Florence and may come up thursday night with my Grandson! It would be great to get some imput from someone that actually knows what they are doing ! As for flying around home I usually find a nice open cotton field. Right now they are plowed up and soften my not so gracefull landings.

Chris L.