Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Sig Rascal

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 11:41 PM
Bipeflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Rascal

Anyone have much experience with this one? I bought one and built it exactly like the instructions. It doesn't act like it wants to fly very well. Seems to take a BIG toss (heave) to get it to fly and just sort of mushes around.

Any input?
Old 08-01-2002, 01:34 AM
pdansalvish
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sig Rascal

Bipe flier,

My Rascal does the same thing and it pulls to left something fierce. I read on ezone they only way to get it to fly right is using a large prop 9.6 and a bigger engine. I haven't tried the engine route yet. I tried the prop and the darn plane went left and down. So, it is my hanger queen for right now.

Dave
Old 08-01-2002, 02:39 PM
pda4you

Default Try this

My flying buddy just got one. Same issues - it barely flew. Here is what he did (big improvement). I junked the speed controller and gearbox that came with it. He just used a 20amp Jeti contoller and an MJ 2.33 BB reduction GB. He uses 8cell 600ae packs. It flies much better.

I think if I had done it I would have also got the 7.2v s400 motor and used 10 cells.

It is a calm wind plane without ailerons and is not super responsive. They sure look great however.

Mike
Old 08-04-2002, 11:24 PM
scalebuilder
My Feedback: (1)

Default Sig Rascal

I built the Rascal as required by the plans except I left out some of the wood on the tail surfaces. I made my own seven cell packs and used the stock motor and gearbox with an APC prop. Mine will rise off ground quickly, or can be hand launched with no problem. It is also very responsive. Not sure what I did differently but mine flies great.