Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

I finally got my ParkZone cub to stay aloft

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

I finally got my ParkZone cub to stay aloft

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Rat1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I finally got my ParkZone cub to stay aloft

After many failed attempts to keep this thing in the air and completely rebuilding it twice I finally was able to get it to fly and I am here to say that it flys very nicely. To date I have put 6 packs through it with one unexpectedlanding. The unexpected landing was due to the prop shaft pulling out of the gear in my brand new gear box. I was able to glide it in for a soft upright landing in some 3 ft tall grass so no damage. I had a slightly bent prop shaft in my box so I gave that a slight tweek to straighten it and installed it in the gear box and flew the play through two more battery packs with no problems.

This evening the wind was nonexistant so I went out and flew the cub through three more battery packs and would have flew it some more had the mosquitoes been sleeping and the sun would have stayed up a little longer.

At first I was really regretting the purchase of my ParkZone J3 cub but now I really like it. Just wish it had a little more stock clearance between the ground and the prop for ROG and wish it had a tail wheel of some sort to keep the plane from spinning out wildly the very second you apply power to get it off the ground.

So ParkZone or Hobby zone reps, I hope you are reading this as there should be a few things changed slightly. Oh another thing. It would be nice to have a stick for throttle control rather then the cheesy slide on the TX.

How about an aileron trainer with 4 channel TX in a kit. Maybe radios on 72 FM channels also??????????

If you need a test mule I am up for the challange.

Here is an idea for ParkZone. Make a wing for your J3 cub with ailerons and a servo installed and send me a RX and matching TX with 4 channels. If you need i can send you some pics of my rendition of a wing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32547.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	175693   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36436.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	175694  
Old 09-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Rat1

Default RE: I finally got my ParkZone cub to stay aloft

To date I have about 15 flights on my cub with no problems. I am really liking this little bird now and am having a hard time deciding which plane I perfer to fly. J3 cub or Slo V. Actually I will be flying the cub more often for fear of an accident with the V since parts are more readily available for the cub at this time.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:15 PM
starcad
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: I finally got my ParkZone cub to stay aloft

Gee I really didn't have a problem with it after I removed the stupid jumper they put in to add up elevator in a turn. ROG's are easy as pie just give it full throttle and correct the turn due to torque. Just keep the nose level and your off the ground in about 20 feet with stock motor and battery.