Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Mods for Aerobird Extreme.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 02:41 PM
SaulOhio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods for Aerobird Extreme.

I am considering a few mods for my Aerobird Extreme.

Floats to make it a seaplane. Anyone else have luck getting an Aerobird or other plane with similar power to take off from the water?

Brushless motor for more power. How much electronic work would I need to do to change the motor?

Beef up the drop module. I have broken two already on only slightly rough landings, and it can't carry very large payloads. I am planning on at least gluing on a stronger plate to hold it together. I also just bought a roll of electromagnet wire to replace the magnet. The one in the module is pretty weak, so I want to add a larger one. I'll probably wrap the wire around a cut off piece of a large nail. It looks like it should be easy to remove the old magnet without too much damage to the circuit board. I will also add a longer bungee cord.

Make it a biplane. I would add the second wing on the bottom, holding it to the plane only by a couple of foam pylons held in place with long screws, connecting to the upper wing.

Anyone have ideas? For other mods, or ideas how to do the ones I am planning?
Old 10-03-2004, 04:32 PM
SaulOhio

Default RE: Mods for Aerobird Extreme.

Or grass wheels. With the wheels the ABX comes with, it cannot take off from the grass. I can build larger wheels out of styrofoam. Take the black foam off the wheels, cut out discs from styrofoam, with holes in the center. Cut the discs in half and glue the two halves back together on the plastic wheel hubs.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:40 PM
SaulOhio

Default RE: Mods for Aerobird Extreme.

I made my drop module mod, but I don't think its going to work. I connected it to my Aerobird X-port, and the electromagnet doesn't work. I'll try the connection again tomorrow. Maybe I didn;t clean enough of the insulation off the wire I used to make the magnet.

SaulOhio
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52206.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	179249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41200.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	179250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx62405.jpg
Views:	16