Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Doug gets my $$

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 06:01 PM
Unprof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doug gets my $$

I decided to take my MM tantrum out this afternoon. I fly the first battery, and everything is great. I am working on my flat spins, hammerhead stalls and a bunch of other tricks. After a few minutes, I notice that the elevator is flapping around a bit. I bring it in and find that the line to the elevator is loose. (The tantrum has a pull-pull system for all of the controls) I mess around with the servo, and it all looks good. Take it up again, more tricks and then the plane starts this strange gyrating. The elevator is flapping around. and the whole fuselage starts to flex. It heads for the ground; I pull up. Nothing. More gyrations and SMACK![:@] It's lawnmower food. A once-over reveals that I didn't tighten down the elevator connection at the servo. [>:] Looks like Doug at MM is going to get my money. I am ordering another tantrum.
Unprof
Old 10-22-2004, 06:22 PM
DougBinder

Default RE: Doug gets my $$

OUCH!!! As the connectors to the servo micro connectors are cotter pins, open the pins up so that they can't come out completely.

We'll cover shipping on your new Tantrum. Remind me when you order.

Doug
Old 10-22-2004, 11:01 PM
Unprof

Default RE: Doug gets my $$

Doug
Thanks very much. I am anxious to get started on some building. I sent in my order a few hours ago. This time, I will bend the cotter pins over.
Rod