Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Lookin' to get my dad a electric flying wing... need advice.

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Lookin' to get my dad a electric flying wing... need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 09:29 AM
Lokihaus
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin' to get my dad a electric flying wing... need advice.

Hiya everyone! My dad taught me to fly, back when I was a little youngster. He's since stopped flying a few years ago, but I have not! I've recently started getting into electric, with the GP Li'l Poke Electrifly being my first, and then I'm now working on the GP Ryan STA EP. But anyway, to get to my point. Dad's not flown in a while, and wants to get back into it now that he's seen what electric is like. He's got his mind set on a Delta wing type plane. I'd really like to see him fly a kit, rather then a fomie ( I've always preferred wood over plastics and foamies ). Does anyone have any guidance as to a delta wing, electric, wooden kit I could get for him? I'd like for the wingspan to be in the 2 foot range. BUT, if there's no such good wooden kits, then I guess a good fomie wing would be okay too. I do have an extra radio system, but it's got standard reciver/servos. So the money for extra components might be outweighed with such good priced RTF kits with radios and all... anyway, so this is so long. ( My first post in this forum =) Any help would be great, as I've searched around the web for such a plane for him, for Xmas.

-Michael Richard
Old 11-02-2004, 10:02 AM
lionheart

Default RE: Lookin' to get my dad a electric flying wing... need advice.

Check out the Zagi Xs (I think). There are reviews out there. It might be a little bigger (@ 4 ft. wingspan) and it is foam construction. But I understand it is a ball to fly. Needs elevon mixing. Has a good strong 400 size motor.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There seems to be a fairly happy bunch here flying the GP Slinger (foam).

If you want wood, check out the Lanier Shrike 400. A fairly fast flyer from the videos I've seen.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:42 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Unicorn is very popular & for good reason. Check it out http://unicornwings.site.yahoo.net/

Brad
Old 11-03-2004, 12:01 AM
INeedHelp
My Feedback: (1)

The Wisper from www.monsoonrc.com is 28" and a very good flyer but if you decide on a bigger wing then the Unicorn is the best choice. I have both and they are both great flyers.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:30 AM
Lokihaus
My Feedback: (8)

Thanks everyone for your input!

-MR
Old 11-17-2004, 04:18 PM
k3 valley flyer
My Feedback: (18)

I have been in rc for 15 years plus and just this year started in electric. Our club has over 10 members flying combat wings from combatwings.com. We all fly glow but these 48" foam wings are a blast! they use standard receiver and servos and combat wings sells them with the ESC and motor and batteries. Prices are good and the plane is practically indestrustible. We get 8 to 10 in the air at once and dogfight, hits are common but actually knocking one out of the air is rare. Most common repair is a new prop and usually can rejoin the dogfight before the batteries run down. 15 minute flights are the rule on 1500ma batteries.