Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

WITNESS " F O R " ELECTRICS !

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 04:29 PM
J3FAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WITNESS " F O R " ELECTRICS !

I am an RC-holic and have been at it for more than 40 years. As is expected at first I resisted electrics and CHANGE, which is normal with human nature.
To fly slimers I have to drive 50 miles....+ 50 to return ( sometimes I forget something too ! )
With electrics, I put the plane in the car, the 12V + charger in the trunk and the TX-[ NO: paper towels-starter-glowlighter-fuelcan-towels-flightbox-NADA ! ]
I drive exactly 2.3 miles to the local Park.
With Electrics I fly Sport , Scale and even good F3A ( Formosa, etc)
with electrics I can experiment with reduced sizes, old timers, etc.
I MISS NOTHING of regular flying, NOTHING AT ALL
I do my thing , pack up again, and return to my garage in about 5 minutes flat.
I HAVE NOTHING TO CLEAN, NO SLIME, NOTHING BUT GOOD TIMES
I LOVE ELECTRICS - of course I will continue sliming, but I think that E=flyte will be the preferred standard for RC flight in the future, and yes, engines will continue, as well as turbines et.al.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:09 PM
SaulOhio

Default RE: WITNESS " F O R " ELECTRICS !

I am a beginner, have only been flying ANYTHING for a couple of months now, and only electrics, and I think I agree entirely. I just finished a short after-work session of flying, and I feel great! (Sunset was only 3/4 hour after I got out of work). I doubt I will ever go to gas power. From what I hear, some of the new brushless motors have all the power I will ever want. I'm flying Hobbyzone planes now (Aerobird Commander and Extreme), but planning to upgrade to something more versatile next spring. I'll probably get one of the ARF or RTF planes I see advertized here.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:34 PM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

Don't forget to fly at lunch too!

I love electrics, but slimers have their appeal too.........Anything as big, or bigger than a 1/4 scale flying by without anything but a whisper just looks WEIRD(imho). Got noise?

Actually, anyone know how to make a small electric make a big, twin gas sound?
Old 11-16-2004, 06:46 PM
BobbyGee
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: cwrr5

Actually, anyone know how to make a small electric make a big, twin gas sound?

Ummm ....

Put playing cards in the spokes?

[:-]

BobbyG
Old 11-16-2004, 11:57 PM
gravityrules

Cubs,

I'm lucky enough to live on a few acres here in Colorado. In the morning, I look out the window at my little homemade wind sock and if it's not too breezy, I step outside and I'm flying! Electric is the only way to go for me! Welcome to clean, quiet flying. The stuff just keeps getting better, too. I'm slowly working up from Aerobirds to brushed, now brushless and soon to move to LiPos. Each progression makes the flying more interesting. I still like to go the the model airfield to ooh and ahh at the big gassers, but I think I'll stay with electron driven aircraft. I learn a ton from forums like this and rcgroups.

BTW, are you a Chicagoan transplanted to Texas? Next year for sure for the Cubbies (I think I've been saying that for about thirty years) :-)