Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

SKY SCOOTER PRO2...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 04:58 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SKY SCOOTER PRO2...

I was wondering if anyone has had problems with the 3 channel a.m. transmitter that comes with the sky scooter package..I found the whole package on sale for 139.99 and was thinking of buying it as a xmas gift for myself..but was a lil worried about the a.m. system it comes with..thanks...also...does anyone know if this performs faster then the graupner mini piper??
Old 11-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: SKY SCOOTER PRO2...

AM and FM have nothing to do with the quality of the signal or the quality of the radio. You only perceive that FM is "better" because of the better sound quality of FM broadcast radio. The quality difference you hear in the car is not a product of AM or FM, but of the equipment used to make the broadcasts.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:31 PM
RickAvery

Rumme,
Between my bro-in-law and myself, we have 4 of these radios flying 6 different planes/wings. They work fine up to their range, 1500’. The sky scooter is a fine gift for yourself and flies great right out of the box. You can’t beat that price for the fun that plane will provide. P.S. get an 8 cell battery. It makes a big difference in flyability. Radio shack 1600mah, 9.6v, Nimh. $15.00.
Have fun
Rick
Old 11-30-2004, 07:05 PM
Hepdog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Hitec that it comes with is a great little radio. The only issue I have ever had with AM radios is that some Clubs won't let you fly while others are flying. Dosen't make much sense to me, but there is a stigma attached to AM radios.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:22 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

THANKS GUYS/// as always you are very helpful...and I appreciate it ..im gonna order a sky scooter this week...other then the battery upgrade from radio shack..what are the most important/economical upgrades I should order to make this plane fly better/longer?..im not ready for lipos..or brushless motor yet...I already have a good charger..so I will throw away the charger that comes with the kit..
Old 12-01-2004, 10:20 AM
RickAvery

Rumme,
Check out the BIG thread on about page 3 or 4 of this park flyers forum on the sky scooter proII. I think it’s 19 or 20 pages long. It covers just about everything you would want to do to a sky scooter. Happy flying!
Rick
Old 12-01-2004, 02:40 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

Holy comoly...that thread is sooooo long...but thanks again..read about half of it..then started getting a headache..LOL..is it possible/logical to convert the sky scooter pro2 into a direct drive motor system..and do away with all the gearbox crap??..im a firm beliver in the simplier the better..and less things that can break/ go wrong..and where is the best place/price to purchase the upgrades that are needed to make the sky scooter perform better..ex..new/better motor, b.b gearbox {if its not possible to go to direct drive},props ..etc...it sure would be nice to be able to get all the mods from 1 place at the best price...
Old 12-01-2004, 04:23 PM
RickAvery

Rumme,
The original sky scooter which came out a few years ago was a direct drive plane which performed poorly. The proII model, which is the one you should get will fly well out of the box. Although, I don’t think I would use the OEM 7 cell battery that comes with it, as the performance is only marginal. The fore-mentioned radio shack batt will fly the scoot with at least some amount of authority in OEM trim. I don’t know of one place to get the best deal for all of the upgrades. Servo city has the 3:1 aluminum gear box that is so popular for $17.00. But their prices for the APC 9X6 slo-fly props aren’t very good. Most hobby shops near me sell that prop for $2.60. The stock gear box isn’t that bad especially when new. Servo city has the adapter to put an APC prop on the OEM gear box for $6.00.The only way I would go with direct drive is with a brushless motor. I put one in my old sky scooter and did it ever wake that baby up!! You can get a brushless motor and ESC for $145.00 to your door and the radio shack batts. Work fine so no need for LiPos. Have fun with the scoot! I did.
Rick
Old 12-01-2004, 05:57 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

thanks Rick...boy this sure gets complex..lol...I jus ordered the sky scooter pro 2 today...as far as speed controllers that I have been recomended..they are the ..IC-15...GWS IC400......ELECTRIFLY C20 or THE CASTLE CREATIONS 20P-PIXIE...my lord..and thats just for 1 mod...HELPPPP...I guess i should go with the least inexpensive one?? ..what is the specific name/brand of the b.b. gearbox I should buy...the guy where I ordered the plane told me theres no need to order a whole new gearbox...he said I can just add ball bearings..whatever the heck that means..boy,,so much to learn and so lil time...