Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Stryker CofG (Sweet Spot)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 11:41 AM
cadetman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stryker CofG (Sweet Spot)

Hi to all Stryker Flyers
I have just been out flying the stryker for the last hour+ with the specific intent to find the CofG ..
the Sweet Spot,
Before we get to a final measurement I need to state my stryker is covered in solar film and a Non Stock Motor / Rx,
The conditions for flying were brisk wind at 9 mph and diminishing to 3 mph,
The maneuvers I used to assess the CofG were Climb Rate. Stall, Loop and Roll,
I throttled back on every different alteration to the CofG to see if there was any side effects ( Drop Wing or Luff ),
On this Stryker the complete range of CofG was within the distance of the finger Launch holes,
Outside of that range it became almost impossible to fly,
I have no idea if a stock styker would handle any different from a covered scratch build but I am posting the info anyway for anyone who has went the same route as me,
The Distance to the CofG from the trailing edge ( back of the wing ) is 6 and 2/3rd inches
Or if you are metric its 167 mm
Anyone wishing to post there own CofG of their own Stryker Please Please state if its been repaired or covered and how well if flys
I now feel I have my stryker balanced and flys as it is ment to
It would have been Wonderful to have been able to buy a Stock Stryker on the 35 Mhz band ( U.K.)
but that’s all that is available over here is the 27mhz and it conflicts with Land/Ground R/c
And that’s a Sure Recipe for a Crash
to sum up what i found was Add too much wieght to the nose makes it difficult to climb but rolls are flatter loops are wider and the stall is slower
add tail wieght and it becomes more responsive to Up but it will stall quicker due to the higher angle of attack ( the elevons become ineffective due to the stalled wing..)
To conclude i will say that even a quarter of an inch difference of the CofG makes such a difference to the way the stryker flies

Cadetman