Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Silverlit Mfg "X-Plane"----keep or swap?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Silverlit Mfg "X-Plane"----keep or swap?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 10:59 PM
tomnagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverlit Mfg "X-Plane"----keep or swap?

Has anybody ever seen or heard of one of these? A Silverlit Mfg Co plane called an X-Plane. My mother in law got me this thing for an early Christmas present, and I don't know whether to start putting it together or take it back to where ever she got it from. It looks to be all EPP, with a small tractor prop mounted on the vertical fin, tricycle gear, a low wing, very swept, with sort of Hoby Hawk upturned tips, and rudder/elevator controls. The transmitter is one of those 27 MGZ semi-toy things with rudder on the left stick, elevator on the right stick and a button or slide for throttle. And to top it off, a tiny digital camerA that loads into a sort of bomb bay.
If you have or have seen one of these things I'd like to know if it is worth messing with or not..
I fly RC sailplanes and have several electrics, a GWS Spitfire and a Miss-2 and a GWS Lady Bug, etc. But this Silverlit thing did not come from a hobby shop---I think she found it in some sort of department store. I have never heard of the manufacturer or the model. Any suggestions out there?
Old 12-23-2004, 04:41 PM
alex hershner

Default RE: Silverlit Mfg "X-Plane"----keep or swap?

use it as a paper weight!!! or hang it up!!! that all it's good for. She got it at a department store? that's worse thank K-mart!!! swap!!!! swap!!!!!!!! Swap!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 11:28 AM
HahnsPCs

Have you had any actual experience with this particular model or are are you just bashing it for some reason ? I would like some actual feedback as I just received one for a Christmas present as well. I've been doing the R/C boat and car/truck thing for quite a few years now and this was my wife's way of getting me up off the ground. Any real feedback on these units ? If it was a waste of money then I would truly appreciate some real feedback as to WHY...

THanks !

Erick
Old 01-13-2005, 12:00 PM
kharless

I bought one from Bed, Bath and Beyond believe it or not. This is only my 2nd remote control plane, the previous was a $50 airhog.
It is a blast, although I have only flown it 4 times. It takes 4 hrs to charge the battery for about 15 minutes of flying. Very stable and easy to fly. The camera takes pretty good pics and can either take one pic per controller select or a series of pics in a row. Low <1 mb resolution but color and not too grainy. I have had to tape it for various stryrophoam breaks but it keeps flying!

For an entry level plane that includes some additional fun, not a bad deal. I suspect I will out grow it soon!

Any suggestions on my next plane. Rugged and capable of advanced flight would be a requirement.

Kurt
Old 01-19-2005, 07:22 PM
ghost_rhyder

My wife purchased one of these for me @ Bed Bath Beyond (she knows that I always wanted a rc plane). I have flown it 4 times and crashed it about 10. Anyone know where I can get spare parts (esp propeller and nose cone)? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:05 PM
boeingav8ter

Hi, I too received one for Christmas, I have found it to be a pretty decent beginner aircraft, a little heavy with the camera and landing gear, so I took them off and put a 800mha battery in for a little more power and longer flight time. I have had a difficult time finding replacement parts, as I had a rather nasty encounter with a tree and severed a wing, if you do find a source for parts, please let me know, as I will do the same for you.

[email protected]
[:-]
Old 02-03-2005, 07:02 PM
HahnsPCs

Here is the "round-robin" I had with an employee there looking for such info.

If you read through it, you'll find the prices, the address to send your check, and even her E-Mail address.

Cheers !

Erick M. Hahn

The round robin commences:

Hi Erick,

Please see my answers below in RED.

Body - $20.00; Wing - $10.00; Propellers – 2 for $3.00; Propeller Hubs 2 for $3.00; Fasteners - $5.00; Nose Wheel - $5.00;

Landing Wheel - $5.00; Nose Shell - $2.00; Label - $5.00; Releasing Mechanism - $15.00; Antenna - $2.00

All prices include S&H.

Thank you,

Mary Lou Ruiz
Silverlit Toys
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 5:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Flying Club Inquiry
Importance: High

OK, then can I get a price list from you?

The manual I have is marked “EI-883 Instruction Manual”

ON PAGE 1 BOTTOM OF PAGE IS THE “PACKING LIST” THESE ARE THE PARTS AVAILABLE.

I would also like a price for the car charger and anything else you would have that would enhance my ownership and fun.

WE WILL NOT BE CARRY THE CAR CHARGER IN THE STATES – ONLY BATTERY PACKS - $10.00

Also, my “Instruction VCD” that I got with the plane doesn’t seem to work… Can I download an image somewhere ?

TRY TO PLAY UNDER “WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER” or

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ad/default.asp

Thanks!

Erick

Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 7:54 PM
Subject: FW: Flying Club Inquiry

Hi Erick,

Please refer to your instructions sheet PACKING LIST these parts are available for purchase you will have to contact me for the prices. We are a small company and do not take credit cards so a check would have to be mailed to

SILVERLIT TOYS
20136 EVENING BREEZE DRIVE
WALNUT, CA 91789

When your check is received you will be contact with the shipping date. Please enclose a note telling us where you purchased the plane so that we ship you the correct parts and the address, phone number where to ship the parts.

Thank you for your purchase of Silverlit Toys.

Mary Lou Ruiz
Silverlit Toys
[email protected]

Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 5:07 PM
Subject: Flying Club Inquiry

A customer inquiry was posted to our Flying Club web site:

Customer Name:
Erick Hahn

Company:
Hahn's PCs

Title:
Owner & Sole Proprietor

Telephone:
(603) 622 - 4246

Fax:

Address:
10 Finch Lane

City:
Auburn

State:
NH

Zip Code:

United States

Email:
[email protected]

Inquiry Product:
X-Plane

I need the info on just WHERE to get the replacement parts and other accessories for this plane. A pricelist and source to purchase from would be most helpful. A phone number and/or parts list would be great as well... Thanks! Erick M. Hahn