Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

e-starter first flight

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 02:22 PM
DARKFLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-starter first flight

ok x-mas was a good calm day so i took out my e-starter to give it a shot. the first flight was great circled the field at about 1/2 throttle and landed with out any problems. charged it up and went again this time i went up about 3 mistakes and started seeing what she would do loops where not perfict but i could do them with 1/2 throttle rolls where fast for me and i only lost about 3 feet of hight. this is my 2nd plane and love it. i was courious about batt and prop sugestions. i need to keep the motor stock cuz of money. i an running a 8.4 1100 mah bat and stock prop. what is the differance bettween a 2 and 3 blade prop.
also which should i go with a 8.4 or a 9.6 bat. thanks in advance
Old 12-27-2004, 07:16 PM
rieger202

Default RE: e-starter first flight

are u running the 350 or 400 motor? You can go with a smaller prop if u want higher rpms which means more climbing ability or u can go with more "bite" on the propeller for more top speed. My 400 e-starter is in the mail and i was wondering how long ur flight times were?
Old 12-27-2004, 09:40 PM
vica6m5
My Feedback: (2)

we are flying several estarters in our club we are flying combat with them, all of them are stock with 350's and stock GWS flight packs ICS100 speed controllers and 2s lipo's 1500mah. we are getting around 25 min. a flight and having a ball doing combat.. Vic G.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:07 AM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I read, a two bladed propeller is more efficient. There is less chance of a blade passing through air disturbed by the previous blade.

The choice to go to more than two blades is usually made because of a prop being so long it hits, or is in danger of hitting, the ground. The general rule seems to be to go down one inch in size when going to a three bladed prop. So if you're flying a 9x6 two bladed prop, you'd use a 8 x 6 three bladed prop.

Just curious what kind of 1100 cells you're using. I'm still trying to figure out what batteries to use in my Estarter. Light 650mah (short duration) or heavier 1100 (longer duration). These are the times I'd like an unlimited hobby budget!
Old 12-28-2004, 08:00 AM
DARKFLY

mine is the 350 motor and so far i like it. the 1100 mah cells are i a wattage pack i bought with my slow stick i was able to get about 20 plus min flights in my slow stick in my estarter i get atound 15-18 cruzing no wind and about 8-9 full throttle with 10 mph wind. my estarter tipped the scale at about 17 oz. before i flew this plane i was contemplating buying a flight sim so i did'nt destroy this on my first flight but now i am excited to get a faster plane and move on in this hobby. i might just get to r/c that gillows model that started it all in the first place. hope your experince is as good as mine let me know.
oh i forgot to say don't by the wattage pack it cost me 28 bucks go with a pack from cheapbatterypacks.com half the price so u can fly witle u chage a second pack.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only cell I've seen that's rated 1100 are GP1100's. Cheapbatterypacks would have a 7C version of that for about $25 (although Maxamps sells for about $20), so depending on where you're shopping, $28 is not that far off the mark if Wattage does use GP's.

I am looking forward to getting the Estarter up. I was quite concerned about battery weight though. I could shave off 10% of the plane's weight by going to a 650mah cell. But knowing that you can fly at 1/2 throttle with the 1100's, that's reassuring.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:10 PM
DARKFLY

cbp has a 8 cell 1050 flat pack for 16.80 so i could get 2 of these packs for just a little more than i paid for my 7 cell wattage
Old 03-05-2005, 05:18 PM
eggvoel

I am in the process of putting my Estarter together, my 1st plane. I don't understand the directions about the aileron hinges. Do I cut them out of the plastic sheet with the small hole in it?
In the directions it shows landing gear parts PMSPC-1013 Main wing reinforcement and then on page 4 on wing assembly it shows the same part. Where does that thing really go and what is used for the hinges? Thank-you. Larry
Old 03-12-2005, 07:44 AM
eggvoel

Question about landing without wheels. I was hoping to fly off the snow covered lake here, but it is not crusting over so I can use wheels. What happens when you land without wheels if the prop is straight up and down? Will it damage the motor/prop shaft. I see in magazine articles when flying off long grass, hand launch and landing without wheels is the norm. Hope to finish putting it together today.
Question about Lipo's. It says not to get them wet. Does that mean submerged or can I land in the snow and just wipe them off after landing? Also might try floats this summer if the plane and I work out OK. I'm sure they can get wet from that. Thanks.