Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

J-3 CUB noze wghts.

Old 12-29-2004, 06:46 PM
captcmg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J-3 CUB noze wghts.

Has anyone tried adding a little wieght to the noze to help control the pitch up tendencie?
Just got the CUB and love it !! Im new to the hobby but after this evenings first flight , Im hooked!!!
What a blast,,, Just noticed i need full nose down trim and some forward preasure on the elavator to
keep things manageable,,
Enjoy!!!!
Old 12-29-2004, 07:57 PM
Searching_Ut

Default RE: J-3 CUB noze wghts.

Is your elevator trimmed out when looking at it visually? I had to adjust the pushrod on mine to get it flush while the remote was neutral. Mine has a gentle climb when neutral at full throttle, and levels out perfect at just slightly over half throttle, which seems about right to me, but this being my first plane I'm not sure how it should be. Also, the altitude I'm at may have something to do with it, the park I fly at being somewhere between 4,600 and 4,800 feet. I can say the little things are quite tough for such a light flimsy feeling plane. I got a little cocky and cartwheeled mine pretty good when I tried flying to low and lost it. I should probably keep a little more altitude, but it sure looks neat flying around about eye level.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Rat1

Try trimming it first by manually adjusting the clevis on the elevator. I had added a tail wheel to mine so it was out of balance. I just stopped at the hobby store when I was in town and picked up some stick on lead weights. They are scored so you can break them off in little squares. I ended up adding one square to the small area just bellow the gear box in the cowling. I added a drop of CA for extra insurance. Another option is to shim up the back of the main wing just a bit. This will take away some of the lift at higher speeds.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:15 PM
captcmg

Thanks for the replies folks, I apreciate the help.
I'll try to incorporate some of those tricks and see if they help,, Let you know !
Enjoy!!