Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 03:41 AM
AgCat1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

So.....what's the verdict? Flying it or not? glue those wings on there!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:12 AM
AgCat1982

Lou, ya'll need to get your glasses checked!!!! That ain't no dog!!! That's a horse!!!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:41 AM
giantsuntoys
My Feedback: (1)

Loubud,

Thanks, now I'll post some more when I get the footage in the can.

I practiced for many hours with the G3 flight simulator from real flight. Great tool for working the bugs out of your flying skills and saving money on parts because you do not crqash as much.

I am trying to put together my own flight simulator using a 6 channel Colco radio and software and interface cable from Pre-Flight.
I am working the bugs out of that but will be ready for sale shortly (under a $100.00)

Got to get back to the salt mine. Will visit later.

Old 06-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

RayRay/ Tailwind, Agcatsbest/ Sticks, or what ever you're calling yourselves today.
Went to the field to push Slayer again, noticed the vultures were circling the field. This I took as a sign. So back in the van and grabbed the S/C Cub, soared up to vulture height and knocked throttle back to 3 clicks and just got in line in the big vulture circle. Couple of clicks of rudder and the Cub was just hanging up there with the big guys. Like the old WW1 birds.
Man all I needed was a zeppelin to strafe.

R/R, I checked with Chuck, he's now working on 160mph wings.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:57 PM
iflyatcae

Guess what... Pay day!!!! first one eva. now i've paid my dad back and can buy what i want, hehehe....

sticks, could you take a pic of the way you mounted the bp21 to the stryker? Perty pleeze.

Im tryin to decide which magpie to get.. AP, or regular w/both wings....[sm=confused.gif]
Old 07-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Loubud

Hi All,
Man, am I behind in reading the posts. 160 mph wing's Cub's flying around, Slow Stick madness. Grounded with glows and Strykers and a hobby store in the attic. Sundance getting a job. Geez. Giantguy with a hobby store of his own (just to mess with Raidentech!). Yikes! Sticks mistaking our new dog as a horse. Well, actually he's sorta right. Lil Matadore will weigh in at 200 Lbs when he finishes puppyhood. We got him through the English Mastiff Rescue. His mom died so we adopted him.
I haven't flown a darn thing is a long time. Wind or fog interferes with my fun. I'll try to get some time in this weekend. With news of a 160 mph wing being designed I need to get my Zagi built. I'd hate to see it outdated before I fly it. Grounded has one and I'm dying to hear how the maiden went. I'd like to hear about Diggs Cub. Where the heck is he? All work and no play makes Digg a dull boy.
If I get to fly something and do something real dumb, I'll post it. Sheesh. Me? do something dumb?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:26 PM
RayRay

Hi Glacier/BJ,

160 mph wings! You guys are out of control! I would of flew "Slayer" right through those damn vultures. It was probably a sign of Murphy tempting you. Good thing you didn't.

Lou / Haze - Your Zagi XT has been in the box longer than my Omei but at least I attempted to put it together. Get busy, you little h_rd_n!

Hope to see my new friends - Mustang Man, Nitrojunk and Kaltag at the field later today

Take care guys,

Ray Ray / Tailwind
Old 07-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Loubud

GG,
RayRay's right. You're certifiable. I can't imagine trying to control a plane that fast.
Hey Sundance, consider the Magpie with both wings. Nothing like versatality.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:00 PM
RayRay

Hello Randolph,

How have you been? How's the Slipper doing? What's in your hanger these days?

Tailwind
Old 07-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

hey Glacier Girl, who's Chuck - the fastest wing i've seen so far is a lightning 50 with a 2 turn mega at 130. i'm interested...to know...
Old 07-01-2005, 05:33 PM
afineman

Hey all

Took a few pictures today for the "One day shot around the world" thing over on RCGroups.

I figured I would share a few.

IFly

Lou is correct, get the standard Magpie with both wings.

Later All
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81610.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	292532   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56151.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	292533  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Airbourne in Japan

well despite it being babysitting day and a forcast of rain and thunderstorms today, the weather is lovely and my son had been asking to go flying so he got it. busiest time of any club has got to be saturday morning and there were....no others there. flew the f27 twice - still learning from the stock plane. tried to fly the corsair, but the left wing dropped on launch and it did a cartwheel, breaking the prop and part of the elevator and pulling the wing off. i felt sure it would fly as the wing is so big. anyway, next time i'll try full power. flew the badius nutter himax, and despite putting some cooling holes in the front and making a cooling scoop in the canopy, the battery was HOT as usual. i only fly this plane at WOT and have downsized the prop a couple of times and it should only be pulling 10 amps, but i think one day i'll see it flying around with flames coming out of the canopy. flying the glow plane tomorrow afternoon if it's ok weatherwise. may even take the corsair if i can get it fixed in time. hey you guys, am i the only one with flying stories lately ??!!
Old 07-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Loubud

Hey Grounded. Looks like you and Doc Holiday and the newer fellas are flying around. What's up with that?
Do you have air holes to counter the intake air? Gotta have a way to escape. Too bad about the Corsair but hard to figure why you weren't flat out on takeoff. And here I thought you liked speed.
No flying for me today and tomorrow is p/u doggy day. 6 hour round trip with a small horse in the back seat. I might have to get a 60's Cadillac so he'll have enough room.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:52 PM
carlf

Hi All,

I got to go flying tonight. I had the -BAB and my SS with me. First up was the SS. I had a short flight, under 1 minute and landed in the the bleachers. The landing was not hard but it broke the landing gear mount and I didn't have another with me. So back in the van it went..... So far, the SS flight log is terrible. 3 flights, 3 crashes and about 4 1/2 minutes of air time. Each time out with it the smallest little wreck breaks the smallest thing I don't have with me... 1st the prop, 2nd the rear wing mount and now the front wing mount split at the landing gear. I can't wait to get some air time with this plane.

So I brought out the -BAB out and flew it for about 50 minutes. All went well. good landings too. I really enjoy this Badius!

Now I am in need of some help with one of my Lipos. I have Dymond 2s 1350 mAh 7.4v (10c) packs.

One of my Lipo packs has a cell that is slowly forming a BLISTER on on it! I've just ventured into using Lipos and know to be careful with them but I'm not sure how to deal with this Pack.

This is what I know and can report. The pack output voltage is 7.99v
I carefully opened the end to access the test points for the 2 cells.
Cell #1 has an output of 4.15v
Cell #2 has an output of 3.83v

What should I do with it now?
Old 07-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Loubud

Hi Carl.
I just don't understand the trouble you and the SS are having. Maybe it's mad at you for having the Badius. A jealous plane.
That Lipo is in trouble. Call or email Diamond and tell them what happed. The voltage should be close to equal on the cells. The difference you see is too great. Good luck.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Airbourne in Japan

hey Carkf, if you want to get another pack for the brushless badius, i recommend the 1800mah 3 cell (11.1v) lipo from dyamond, it fits and is $35. i've got 2 that i use on the himax badius which is for speed and they last about 10-15mins WOT. with a slower brushless like the motor max, with throttle management and some gliding they should last 40 mins or so
Old 07-02-2005, 12:59 AM
carlf

Hi All,

Just tried to post my last SS flight in my yahoo Briefcase. Here is the link. Short and sweet... It landed in the middle row of the bleachers.... More to come![8D]

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/cjferland

Doc, Can you steer me to where I can get, and setup the cheap little cam you use for Still photos... I think I'd like to give it a try now since I've got such a great flying Badius!

Lou, You could be right about the SS and the AB... They don't much care for riding in the car together either !

On the Lipo, I was guessing I could balance them so they are within tolerence...Is that possible?
Old 07-02-2005, 02:34 AM
Diggidy

Hey all,

I'm in the process of moving. Havn't had time to keep up with the thread lately. I've missed the last 5 to 8 pages i think. If i get a free hour or two soon i'll catch up.

Badius Badius Badius
Old 07-02-2005, 09:33 AM
afineman

Carl

Get this cam http://www.aiptek.com/Merchant2/merc...egory_Code=SP1 From here, or you may find it cheaper on e-bay

Do this mod http://www.laureanno.com/RC/RC-2.html.

You may also search over on RCGroups, someone over there is always selling one.

I use this FREE picture editing software http://picasa.google.com/index.html

So for about $50, a good flying AB, and a little editing you can get pictures like this ( all the following pictures were from the AB)

Hope it helps

Name:	Vs55662.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	292725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84145.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	292726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw58600.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	292727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rl25896.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	292728  
Old 07-02-2005, 02:12 PM
carlf

Doc thanks for the reply.

First, the previous two photos you posted at ( http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3128880 ) were real nice.[sm=thumbup.gif] They show your flying field very well. What would you guess the altitude was?

The link to modify the Camera you just posted is a dead link. Were you able to log onto the site recently?

Are you still planing a 4th of July aerial display? Sparklers, smoke and other airplane fun! If so, I hope it goes well.

Thanks as always
Old 07-02-2005, 04:12 PM
afineman

carlf

try this link http://www.diyrc.com/

Brent
Old 07-02-2005, 05:12 PM
carlf

Thanks Doc, I had found that page and was reading it when you posted the link.

I,ve never undertaken a mod like this but after reading the material it dosen't seem to be to hard. I'll just have to be careful with each step and see how it goes.

There are a few interesting projects laid out on that project page... good reading, Thanks again!
Old 07-02-2005, 06:23 PM
iflyatcae

Thanks for the advice fellas. I'll have to order before monday, then get flying asap. O yea, should I get that tape they have? how much of it?

Sticks, what prop are you using on the bp21 for the stryker? I put mine on my firebat with my cobra's folding 9x5ish and that seemed too big, not enough speed/rpms. then I put the stock badius prop on, and marginal performance[]. The firebat's prop should be similar to the styker so I need somethin to try. thanks

Doc, is that offer of doing the cam mod probono for us electronically disinclinded still good? Of course I'll pay shippin bof ways. perty pleeze?
Old 07-02-2005, 06:44 PM
afineman

iflyatcae

I still have enough extra parts to do 2 cam mods.

So, yes it is still a good offer.

Did you buy the Aiptek 1.3 meg pix cam?

Let me know and I'll PM you my address

Brent

<EDIT> yes get the M M tape, 1 roll is enough to put 1 layer over the entire plane
Old 07-02-2005, 08:11 PM
AgCat1982

Sorry, sundance. I having a little busy here. I will try to up load the diagram I made of my aluminum mount.

I am using a GWS Park Flier prop 7x6. Works great! No adapter needed to mount it to the BP-21.

Name:	Us54124.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	292951  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.