Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 03:46 PM
DepronJet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

Pm not required,

Brad i didnt see that in your posting

i went into reply mode and didnt read the all the words...

my thoughts are with You

Ray
Old 03-29-2006, 04:43 PM
AJ1202

Terry, well here's the thing, I was flying the Stang and at about the same distance out it sort of took on a mind of it's own and then suddenly was diving straight down, all my efforts to pull it out were to no avail, I determined the cause of the crash was servo wire flexing for the tail, now I'm not so sure, the crash tore the antenna wire off the RX, I repaired it with a fresh solder connection and tested it and all seemed OK so I put it in the F-15 because I'm still trying to fix the Stang fuse, anyhow today as I was flying and it was glitching a bit but no biggie but when it would get out around 3 to 400 ft away I noticed responce started decreasing or it seemed that way, I was on my last flight, by choice, when I let it get out there again and when I tried to turn it around it made a sudden vertical move, stalled and went nose down, I pulled full back and it responded for a second and I thought I had saved it, then nose down and no stopping it, fortunatly it was only about 40 ft up when this happened and the stall had slowed it down so it wasn't so bad
I think I need to replace the RX so I'm gonna borrow one from the Fokker as a test because I know it works good. I have a good TX now so I'll be getting some good RX's and ESC's soon, hopefully that will put an end to all this mess of glitching and unexplained functions in flight and I can crash my planes by myself
Old 03-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

To All,Thanks for the wishes and thoughts.

On the other subjects, Terry, I vote for the first one.

Blisters, tell me where to send it. $$$$

Well I'm sorta in the dog house at home. Wifey received package from big brown today, thought it was the $80.00 dog water dish ( that cost me around $300.00 to have a water line run for).
Not.
Was another bird I forgot I had ordered a while ago.
Well at least I have the motors and such in stock for it.
Should be sweet, 51" wingspan. Plan on painting it up like my name sake.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt55951.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	435409  
Old 03-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Loubud

GG,
A beauty of a bird. I prefer the 50" wingspan scale planes to the smaller ones. I have the Great Planes DC-3 with a 59" wingspan. It's soo purty I'm ascaired to fly it. Ok, I'm not afraid to fly it, I'm afraid to try to land it.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Lou,
It will land no matter how you fly it. You just may not like the landing.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Loubud

GG,
But I like this plane. And did you forget about the choo choo tracks? The only trouble I've ever had in the air is with the Omei but that won't happen again. And it has the 2 stock 400 brushed motors in it. I'm not too sure it can get out of it's own way. Good thing the weeds are still flexible. A crash into those won't hurt anything.
Still have wind and the rain comes back on Fridayish. Weather Babe says 20 mph winds for the next 5 days. I am waiting for the Camera to get here so I can video the Aerofly maiden. I don't have a clue how to make a mini movie so that will be the hard part.

Yikes! and Gadzooks!!
Just got a call from the Dr. and the Vampire blood gal didn't pull enough blood. She took 10 tubes/vials and needed 2 more. I should have known something was up when I saw beyond the glass divider ole Frankentein was on the table.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:23 PM
ktaylor

Brad, you *****, I am so jealous!!!!!!!!! You "forgot " that you ordered a p-38. a friggin 50 inch one? You do realize that is my favorite plane from WWII don't you? No wait,, Brad, I know what happened, you really didn't order that plane, I did. And when I was filling out the form, I put your address in by mistake because I had it in my head from when you poseted it for donations. THat's it, yeah,, for real,, and I'd like you to meet my wife, Liz Taylor, hey, wait my wife really is Liz Taylor. See I'm not lying. So you can go ahead & send that sweet shot of Lightning my way. Oh, where to send $,, my paypal is [email protected]

Oh, and Brad, I'm sorry about your mom. I read your post, but my mind didn't comprehend what the words really meant.

Mike, the Litz wire you said to use,, is that like Bell wire? Yeah I'm looking at using a y pattern or a delta. I have to really look at it at some point & see. I'm also thinking about seeing if I can do the coils in parralell rather than series to get the rpm down lower and more torque, it may already be that way though. Downside to parralell is the amps go up. THey've got me going through more books at work, they have a pay for skill payscale for my job, so I'm going for my next raise. Guess what the first book is on? 3-phase induction motors. Hmm,, as in brushless? Yep. Cool. So, I'm soaking all this stuff up like a sponge. Although I have yet to see an industrial size out runner motor. The first chapter has been devoted to the basics of operation, then the last couple have been on various rotor designs, squirrel cage versus wound. Fun stuff, but at least its interesting so far.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:25 PM
DepronJet

Brad

got your email and my thoughts are with you as per my reply,

i held back posting this out of respect...

here it is.. http://www.savefile.com/files/1548434

i only had a window of oppertunity of 10-15 mins to get out and try and fly !

its very basic due to i have not had a chance to install my audio software after the P.c crashed [&o]

Ray
Old 03-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Loubud

Ray,
Viewed the front, side and back of your head and all looked ok. Saw a jet go by a couple of times, now that looked good.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:40 PM
DepronJet

Lou

ORIGINAL: Loubud

Ray,
Viewed the front, side and back of your head and all looked ok. Saw a jet go by a couple of times, now that looked good.
i had only a few mins to set it up before night fall

the next chance is friday..

once the wind dropped i wanted to be out and see her fly !

i wanted something to show the badius boys even if it was only a split second

even on a BP21 she went UP
Ray
Old 03-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Loubud

Ray, that thing should scream with a better motor. No offense meant to the BP21. Mo' power. The next vid will show what she'll do. I need one of these.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Loubud

For Sale. One Revo CP heli. Never run. Darn good motor, esc, rx and servos already installed. No radio.
$$ not accepted. Only Red Leader One or numbered Limited Edition Hawk plane acceptable for trade.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:03 PM
DepronJet

Lou

ORIGINAL: Loubud

Ray, that thing should scream with a better motor. No offense meant to the BP21. Mo' power. The next vid will show what she'll do. I need one of these.
non taken

when i design i make it fly as well as i can on a budget motor

when i first started the Hawk design it was aimed at the Stryker flyers who have the tronics but are looking for a conventional Jet look with BP21
[8D]

you and i both know this Baby needs 300 watts MmuhhhHaaa [8D]

Space Shuttle Launch's.. Ohh YesSSSsssss

Ray
Old 03-29-2006, 06:52 PM
nyflyer56

Brad as per the rest of the guys, my thoughts are also with you and your mom. My mom passed on in 1988 and was at home surrounded by those who loved her, can't think of a better way to be than that. Our prayers are with you.

on other matters, I like the 1st picture, altho they are both great.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

hi Brad, hope everything is ok with your Mum.

well i've built so many planes as i've been stuck in the house for 3 months, that i need a long break from that. basically i decided that until may i was only going to fly, no work and no building, but since i went ultralight flying on tuesday it's been freezing cold, snowing and windy. so basically i don't have anything to post about, so i thought i bore you with a few pics. i don't even want to drink beer, it's really bad. luckily i have some money !! i've basically got about 15 electric planes to build and i rather enthusiastically got 4 out of their boxes and they are on the building rack, plus the demon, built but needs electrics and the gws spitfire, still in its box. next pic is the upstairs store, 8 more and the remaining planes, glow and ducted fan in the loft, plus the retired planes. and one of the blade cx. basically, now i've got most of my planes i want to get them built and start flying them and find out which ones are good, but the building has become a bit mechanical. i know you guys buy a plane once in a while and then build it, but i am more stupid than normal !!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99943.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	435485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13354.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	435486   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90645.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	435487   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk22361.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	435488   Click image for larger version

Name:	Se46034.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	435489  
Old 03-29-2006, 08:14 PM
afineman

Doug

"Don't even want to drink Beer" WHAT, are you MAD[sm=pirate.gif].

Brad I too pulled a Ray and had to go back to read, Where I have lost both parents as well as a sister, the term "Hospice" gives me chills (even thought the job they do is outstanding).

Anyways, did some mileage checking to all the addresses. If I did Ny in Ny, RR in Nj, others in Pa, then scoot down to Ar, then pop over to Ga to then go back up to Va, then home, it will be over 3,300 miles.

In the end it will be no worst than driving to Key West and back, I'll check with the boss, and well lay out a plan. I may do the east cost in 2 trips, I'll see.

Well it's dinner time, Later ALL

Brent
Old 03-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Airbourne in Japan

hey Brent, don't worry, i opted for beer and ozzi osborne at moderate level. i've decided that in my current state of mind, i really would be better in India or Vietnam for a while or flying real gliders in southern CA. but i am now a responsible father so no can do (i didn't say that 20 years ago !!)
Old 03-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Loubud

Dougie,
You're nucking futs. For those that enjoy beer it is never left in the fridge. Second, Hazy has dibs on the planes that suck or you just don't like.
Brent. All that driving is barely an oil changes worth. Fire up the Z3 and get that show on the road.
By the way. All are welcome here too. Fly in and I'll go get ya.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Loubud

Son of a Buss.
Darned Revo CP has over $300 in it. Trade/sale is off. Wifey is bent outa shape over it. She said trade only good for Red Leader One.
Like $300 will get that one.
Carl,
Send me a pic of the cert progress. Need to look it over.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:50 PM
carlf
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Guys,

Forgive me for skipping over many of the recent post... I wasn't able to work on the Certificates last night and I just got home form work... The company I work for is moving our office to a new location... Dam planners need to get a new day job!!!

Anyway I'll get to reviewing all the post and get moving on it again!

My little sister passed less than 3 years ago from Lung Cancer at the age of 38... Hospice was there to help... They do fine work!
Brad, I'll pray you can still spend some quality time with your mom and that you and your family can comfort her and each other by being together!

BTW: All are welcome to visit here too...
Old 03-29-2006, 11:58 PM
ktaylor

Well, I stripped the 450F down. Removed the stator. The frame is in good shape, there's a little insulation worn off in spots. I put a tiny amount of epoxy over the 3 places I saw bare metal. That was on the end of the frame, not the face. There were more than just one or two strands broken. Each phase of the motor had 8 strands and 6 turns in the winding. I removed the bad strands & figured I'd play with the good strands. I ended up with 4 good strands per phase. I did the same configuration as it was originally, a delta. Soldered on some connectors and tested it out. It would spin it up, but it couldn't get very many rpms. I'm assuming that the lower number of strands couldn't carry enough current to create a strong enough field to really get the rotor going. I'm gonna stop by the motor repair shop down the street tomorrow & see if I can get some Bell wire. ON a different note, my 2100 3 cell packs from max amps have been acting like they aren't lasting. Unfortunately they didn't come with balancing taps. I opened the connection end of the packs & found that they do need balancing. So, I balanced them the slow tedious way. charge up one cell of the pack at a time. It worked, 4.21v, 4.22v, & 4.21v I explained to Liz what I was doing when she asked, ( she scared of those battereies). She told me to go ahead and get a balancer & the taps that I need. Anyone have any reccomendations? I've seen ones that I'm supposed to hook up to my existing charger & ones that are part of a charging unit itself. And, how do I hook up the balancing taps? I have a copuple packs that came with taps installed. ANd what kind of solder do I need for soldering the tabs on the li-po cells?
Old 03-30-2006, 07:23 AM
AJ1202

Brad, GG that is one sweet looking plane, can't wait to see it together and in the air
Picked up the wood last night, I tried to talk him out of some purple heart but he wouldn't come off it [&o] would have made for some beautiful trimming, not to worry the Brazilian wood is so nice it will be fine
Old 03-30-2006, 11:13 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ken

Only have a few minutes to answer so will be brief.
Solder needed is "Alusol Aluminium Solder"
The tags on LiPo's are coated on one side which you can not solder to.
I use the Duralight/Flight Power system and plugs which you can obtain seperatly to retro solder onto old packs.
I will try to post all the details tommorow when I have more time, wire diagramme etc:

On the Red Arrows pic the first one is my choise.

Brad sorry to have missed the post re your mother, but as always my thoughts are with anyone who has any kind of stress related to sick relatives, having gone through this with my own mother and having a mother in law bed ridden in hospitol and has been for over 6 years.

Mike
Old 03-30-2006, 11:29 AM
icejay55

hey lou i want to use an align motor that i have for my stryker rayray told me you no something about this motor i need some info please thank you.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Airbourne in Japan

just saw this ad when looking at Mike's post. looks like a new site, got a few interesting things like this 5100 kv motor and gb for $34 http://awlhobbies.com/osCommerce/cat...products_id=57 and also a walkera 3100kv motor. also got a coco lama rtf coaxil heli for $119 and a mentor artf for $54.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.