Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Old 06-27-2006, 03:30 AM
stokeflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

sray,

Rich, You read the stuff I was going to relay to you. I vaguely remember back when someone posted a link to his auction and you guys were bidding on those. I emailed the seller and never got a response. I asked him what version he's selling. I kinda figured it wasn't a good one since he didn't reply, so I stayed out of it. I assure you that someone in the cvs hacking forum is working diligently on an easier hack, so sit on it a bit and check in there every so often. Sorry you got something that was not as expected. I was interested too, to have a second one as a back up or to forward it to a fellow BOC member who needed one.
Thanks for the reply, looks like I'll be hanging on a while to see if they come up with an easier hack, I'm sure someone will soon.
Rich
Old 06-27-2006, 05:55 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Dang Doug,
Show em what fun it is and then tell em they can only buy the birds, parts, and such from you.
You'll be a fat cat in no time.

Hey Lou, you said you collect cut glass. Is that like the Fenton stuff?
Mom had rooms of it, going to set up an auction to dispose of it, along with Beanie Babies, Barbies, Matchbox, Hot Wheels, Nascar, and salt/pepper shakers stuff. We're still finding it stashed everywhere. She was good at hiding stuff, found a nearly invisible door inside the cedar closet, it opened into another room in the attic. Floor to ceiling with more stuff. Never even knew it was there.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:25 AM
gunfighterII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Brent,
I went over to read some of the stuff on the thread you mentioned and I see that nothing has changed, typical crap back and forth which does nothing but foster ill feelings toward each other. If I was interested in arguing, I would just go to one of our club meetings and get my fill there, but I know better.
SSRCCPREZ, say's it best, I can't articulate my feelings any better than he has.
With the purchase of the Mustang, I'm sorry but I have to remove you from the realm of Park Flyer, it's going to be difficult to find a park to fly in, does'nt matter if it's electric, it's the space to fly and land that you need. If your planes keep getting bigger, I see a new club in your future

Carl,
They shipped your plane like that!! You've got to be kidding!![sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 06-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Brewerpaul

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Shrika-- even if you don't know what all that stuff in there is, be sure all the connectors are pushed all the way in. On one of my many crashes, one of them came a bit loose. It didn't look loose but when I put some finger pressure an all the connectors, the problem went away.
After one other crash, I couldn't get the motor to run dependably. Sometimes it would start and stop, other times it did nothing. Turns out the little safety push button switch had been damaged. I bought a pair of them at Radio Shack (identical) for $3, and I was ready to fly and crash again!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:09 AM
gunfighterII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Brent,
I have a weight saving tip if your interested, stationary rudder, it's not going to do much anyway.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:16 AM
Glacier Girl

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Carl,
Looks like someone went postal on your bird.[:@]

GF 2, A park can be any size. Look how big Central Park is. Brent's Stang should have enough room there. LOL

Terry,
Are we bailing water yet??????
Old 06-27-2006, 07:27 AM
gunfighterII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

GG,
It's not really the size, it's the condition of the runway your landing on and the over fly obstructions. If you fly that plane off anything but pavement, your chances of having the gear with you for landing is remote. Hanger 9 is not known for there sturdy landing gears, I've repaired several and now do it before I fly any of there planes. for that matter any ARF.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:30 AM
Glacier Girl

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gunfighterII

GG,
It's not really the size, it's the condition of the runway your landing on and the over fly obstructions. If you fly that plane off anything but pavement, your chances of having the gear with you for landing is remote.
Shhhhhhhh, don't tell Brent that. LOL
Old 06-27-2006, 07:42 AM
gunfighterII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Brent,
Totally disregard post 12,524, I was having a senior moment,[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] I guess we probably need ground handling for that tail dragger, I was thinking about a trike gear jet we did that too! Let the beatings commense
Old 06-27-2006, 07:54 AM
afineman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mac

Hee Hee Hee

Brent
Old 06-27-2006, 08:10 AM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

For all of you "big plane" guys...

I was looking over some sites, and I heard that some people are running 2 receivers in the plane - Why and How??

TE
Old 06-27-2006, 08:20 AM
gunfighterII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Terry,
Most of the large planes are running 11-14 servos, so they do it for redundency, usually is one fails you have enough control to get the bird on the ground. I think it also saves you from buying a servo syncronyser, most of the big planes are running 4 servos on rudder 2 on each aileron and I'm not sure about the elevator,I think one, that way you have aileron and elevator control in case of reciever failure. Dual switchs and batts also.
This is why Futaba's new 14 channel is so popular, 14 channels, with sycronysing capabilities, multiple recievers and conditions, very important to the big birds
Old 06-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Glacier Girl

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Terry,
It's all a conspiracy to get us to buy more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That way when you "PRANG" it you will have to spend more money to fix it.

Just like the real birds, "fly by wire" is way more expensive then the old style birds, like Rog's AgCat.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Glacier Girl

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Either that or they like 2 antennas dragging behind. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 06-27-2006, 08:45 AM
gunfighterII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

GG,
When those babies go in, prang ain't the word, maybe Ka-prang!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Loubud

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Brent,
Read the thread. Added a little fire. GF2 is right. You and that prez guy.
Carl. Get that Cub back in the air. Glad you found it. My "Slipper" has been gone almost a year. I think it's a gonner.
GF2. Almost forgot. Never tell Brent and Howard they can't do something. He has vids of stuff you can't do. One of the Vids has Howard doing a dance with the Slow Stick. Absolutely one of my favorites. And snow ski's on a Badius which doesn't have landing gear in the first place. Oh. This is for Terry. Some receivers will run 2 rx together to get more channels. I know the old Bergs could do it and I think FMA rx's can do it also. Might find the Polk is capable.My Airtronics can run 2 servos on one channel via "Slave and Master".
Hey Brewer. It's now official. You are a Badius Boy. Actually giving advice means you can fly too. Way to go.
Terry. Hazy wants to have a chat with you and your bank account. I told the guys down the street and my nephew and his buddies this. "Anyone can keep and RC car on the ground". Hazy $ay$ it a bit differently but you get the idea.I think he has a high price for the trucks.
GG. I collect 100 year old American Cut Glass. Email me and I'll explain how you sell glass like Fenton. It's similar to selling Beanie Babies. Oh. That black credit card. Found out what it is. Is it Arnies or yours?
Old 06-27-2006, 09:00 AM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Lou;

The deal I made with the neighbor was he would buy a Badius and a heli if I got a truck.
... at least the truck is electric

I am having a ball with the truck, and am thinking of trying to use it as a tow vehicle for a small glider

Hazy is welcome anytime, if he can find any money in the bank account (or anywhere else for that matter) I will split it with him I am sure he would be cheaper than the wife [X(]
Old 06-27-2006, 09:00 AM
gunfighterII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Lou,
I saw that video, very nice, and then I'm going to show you how to do that with a 8 lb airplane.
I would never tell Brent he can't do anything, I just put in my 2 cents worth, for what ever that's worth.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Loubud

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey GF2. I wasn't trying to pick a fight or anything. Just messing around a bit. I must be in AMA mode. There is some more on that thread Brent posted and it is a bit more reasonable tho I was told that the AMA wouldn't want me. The guy got mad when I told him these planes are "toys". All of them. I told him if he wanted a real plane to get a Gulfstream 4 or if he's on a budget, get a Lear Jet. He didn't take me up on racing for pinks slips. Tee hee. I do freely admit I like the sound of those gassers. And I like Giant Scale planes to. My post on that thread isn't worth reading. Not well thought out, just pushing a button here and there. Brent tapped that button. An excellent post.
I need to get out of AMA mode. Back to blame Terry for my rant in a bit.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:31 AM
gunfighterII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Lou,
All in fun, I could not resist the urge to say that. In reality though, I'm going to try and come close! Bring plenty of cameras.

I forgot he's bringing that plane, I want to try and land it on the spool at the field, about 3 feet diameter, or my starting table 6 feet, I don't know if the wind will die down enough around here though.

It's amazing some people feel that way about park flyers, we have them here in the club also, and all you can do is stay away and let them be grumpy about it, you would be suprised about all the bickering at the club meetings, I wish you were here the 5th because we could go and partake in one, even all the nitro guy's bicker back and forth about totally worthless BS.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Loubud

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

GF2,
I know. It isn't easy to have people with a firm belief in something mixed in with others that feel as strongly about a differing belief. Civil conversation gets out of control real fast. I am of the opinion that you have to be flexible enough to hear the different (opposing) idea and to be able to explain your idea in an unoffensive way. It ain't easy in those AMA discussion threads. I used to try to explain stuff. My way of thinking. I'd get both boos and yays. Roger and I used to point out threads that would be going berserk. We'd talk on the phone and laugh when a lot of the flaming was just over semantics. Roger was a very strong defender of the AMA for his 1st year of membership and started to lose his faith in them because of the yo-yo's on those threads. I found a great club after find 3 crappy ones. I think Brent mentioned he'd found a good one too. We all know, here on this thread, that good clubs are out there. The trouble is why there are so many crummy ones. I understand these are private clubs and they have their way of doing things and I think that idea is proper. But the shear rudeness of a few make Outlaw fliers. They didn't make themselves. So in a brighter ending I'll say this. While the AMA isn't what it used to be, it is good for most clubs. Limited good but still good. I'd like to fly at one. Man oh man. A runway.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:49 AM
afineman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

PHIL!!!!!!!

Help, where I goofed on the reservation ( booked the hotel for the 30th not the 1st) they have no more room for the 1st.

I need other recommendations, I find them on line, most are booked up.

Thanks

Brent

EDIT: Phil never mind I found a Microtel in East Syracuse about 20 min away.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Glacier Girl

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Lou,
Black card is mine. And I'm with you, they are toys, granted not cheap ones in some cases but that's all they are.

As for the donkey holes over on the AMA site, it's just the same old, same old.
There will never be a 100% agreement on what a park flyer is.
My park is big enough to fly big birds and fast birds, so does that make me a park flier?
And when I fly at the farm I'm then a farm flier?
If they would just get over the difference of gas/electric and the looking down their noses at us, this would eventually all go away, and they would have to find something different to whine about.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i agree, these planes are just toys. when i crash one, i just roll my head and think 'another repair'. if i crash a real plane my head would be rolling because i was dead or seriously injured. a tricky moment or loss of control is nothing compared to an over steep turn in a lightly powered ultralight, seriously gets the nerves going. i have never flown at a park, so i am an ex 'old airport' and 'ex-glider club' flier.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:18 PM
gunfighterII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

GG,
If we could take the park out of park flyers maybe everyone would be happy, but unfortunately that won't happen because sometimes people just don't get along, it does'nt matter what your flying, you could have 100 electric guy's and 25 will dislike the other 75 just like all the clubs in the country. If you were to start the EAMA, you would have the same problems as we do, as everyone has there own opinion.
I think everyone is making a mistake lumping a couple of blowhards with the AMA, when really they don't have any control, we just vote for people to take the executive positions, how they run AMA has no effect on the club here in Lincoln, if we wish to end affiliation with AMA we could very easily, we would just have to find our own insurance. Omaha does just that, it's a city owned park, they provide a 5 million dollar bond to cover insurance, and all you have to have is homeowners insurance, or if not a homeowner you have to have AMA. It's all about insurance.
When Brent and Lou show up, out here were going to be pasture flyers, watch out for the poopie Oh by the way, bring long pants unless you wish to be eaten alive, it will probably be 95 also.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service