Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 09:53 PM
afineman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

Tracy (Mac's real name)

OK I'll post the video, because it is rather large, I put it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYgUaAEQwfA , this is MAC a few years ago in a REAL P-51.

I need to win this poker game ( I'm in the lead).

Brent

PS. WOW bad link, hold on all, once I fix the problem I'll let you know
Old 07-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Loubud

5String.
You're right about our dogs never really leaving us. I think of Soda now and then but a little less since we now have Matador. Bad part is that English Mastiffs have a life span of 6 to 10 years. Some hit 12 years but not enough of them. GG's Bear certainly had more wolf than Shepard in him to stay with GG for this long. Dammmmit. Kleenex time again.
Here's to hoping your Doggy stays with you a bit longer.
Cheers.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:11 AM
nyflyer56

Ken,
The 3003 is a good standard servo. no BB's , but works great. I have a bunch of them.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:37 AM
nyflyer56

GG,
Sorry to hear about your dog. I had to put down a few in my life, it is never easy. My Great Dane was the toughest. Rescued him from the pound, nursed him through heartworm. then had about 5 good years together, he was part of the family. took better care of the kids than the ex did, lol.
Next toughest was Hefty, a lab shepard mix. I had his mother before him. He was 16 when I had to let him go. The good thing was that the previous year he had some fun with my former girl friends dog,(also a lab shep mix.) My dog *****e is the result (1of 6) of that union, and she fills her daddy's paw prints admirably. He is burried in the back yard, near my bonfire pit, so he can be there when I spend a quiet evening around the fire. He used to love that.
Ok, Klenex time for me too

Brent,
Good luck with the maiden. let it build up plenty of speed for liftoff, don't horse it off before it is ready. Take Guns advice about the flaps. My buddy wrecked his first one playing with the flaps. Test it up high, and don't use too much. Control desent with power when flaps are on. Also be aware that it may pitch up slightly when flaps are applied. some guys will mix some down elevator when flaps are deployed. Are you using a computer radio? Are you using any of the flight aids, such as the leading edge extensions? Let me know.

Phil
Old 07-16-2006, 12:54 AM
Loubud

Shoot. Thanks for reminding me.
Good luck Brent. I have no doubts about the maiden. And no flaps on takeoff. Works good on fullsize jets but you won't need them on lift off.
Phil.
Nice to have one of your dogs pups with you. And filling the shoes of his daddy is a tuff thing to do. Many happy days with him.
Matadore is a rescue dog. Fully AKC but still a rescue. Got him at age 1 1/2. Average age is short but I'm aware of it so I just count my lucky days with him. Soon Carl can have some lucky days with Matador too.
Oh. Carl. Matador is an indoor dog and likes to take naps in the Master Suite. Just move over a bit and all will be fine.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

i'm in plane buying mode again. just ordered 3 3d biplanes from the lhs, all pretty cheap. this one's a japanese design http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=2186 just $40. then there's the ultrafly furious http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=3348 ultrafly do the furious and the outrage and i should have got the outrage as that is better in wind, but less able and the ultrafly ultimate http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=3859 THE GOOD THING IS I DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR DELIVERY and i may get a discount, but anyway i get points and $200 = $10 off. also looking at atlanta hobby, i like these 2 planes the 3d spirit http://www.atlantahobby.com/shopexd.asp?id=6070 and the air blaster http://www.atlantahobby.com/shopexd.asp?id=5115 although the air blaster is only 34@ wingspan, so i may not get it. also going to get the 3d profile extra stiffy and a couple of hacker motors as they are $30 cheaper than the lhs http://www.copperheadaviation.com/co...p?idProduct=69 this looks like an excellent plane and good to learn 3d on. it's also good in wind. oh yeah, it's my birthday at the end of the month and after a bit of persuasion, my wife has agreed to buy me the extra stiffy and a hacker motor. her comment was 'didn't i buy you a plane for christmas ??' yes, but which christmas haha
Old 07-16-2006, 05:01 AM
omeiwon

GG so sorry to hear about your pup.
We had a St BERNARD Hydie got her as a baby & the kids were 2.5 & 1 .my wife couldn't touch the kids with her in the same room. VERY PROTECTIVE OF MY KIDS SHE MUST HAVE HAD good foresite.
When Hydie was 2yrs .we went out for,weekend in the stake rack truck ,kids and all .had her leashed to the back board, Will never know why but Hydie jumped over the side rail that was 5' tall & was thrown into the dualies.
THAT DAY I WANTED TO LEAVE THIS EARTH. the kids,wife & i cried for weeks.
Well all iam finally going to fly soon. SLOW STICK getting all the parts in the mail & putting the CVS cam under the wing. i think it's going to have a servo turrent so i can get fore & aft footage. 400xt 9x5 hd 3s2100 tp prolite FMA elite rec ht65mg's ( way overkill ) but i dont want a failure. carbon spars & carbon strips on tail feathers LG all the way forward.
hoping for next weekend for maiden.
Hey Sray ! how about just making a slot in the fuse behind the wing & stuffing the cvs cam in it facing forward ?then just find some blister pack plastic for a cover & velcro it on.
omei.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:04 AM
omeiwon

OH Brent good luck on your maiden. omei
Old 07-16-2006, 05:05 AM
omeiwon

hey Sray what u doin up so early ?5am
YA like i have room to talk . havn't been to bed yet. MED'S time .

Old 07-16-2006, 05:35 AM
Stingray69

I get up before the gang wakes up. My quiet time. Then head off to fly as the sun's coming up. THe fuse is too narrow to slit anywhere. I figure the SS will have a better go at it facing forward. All-nighter? Hope you get feeling better soon.

Sray
Old 07-16-2006, 05:59 AM
Stingray69

Omei, I still think that EasyStar will be an excellent forward shooter. I found a bare one for around $60 but it'll have to wait quite a while. The SS is next in line. Then GG's old Nasty one. If Nasty teaches me anythng. It'll be a formosa or corsair next.

Off to fly,

Sray
Old 07-16-2006, 06:06 AM
ktaylor

Stingray, you're using the cvs cam right? Get a stryker. This is video we did with my stryker facing forward. http://media.putfile.com/Ken-42 To do it again, I would still face forward, but angle the cam just a little so it has the nose of the plane just barely in the shot. Nice thing about the stryker is that you're not filming through the prop. That funny squiggle line the prop makes in some vids screws the vid up for me. Anyhow, time for me to go fly & then go work for a couple hours.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:30 AM
five-string

The tick is dead.

Official time of death is 8:22 am EST. Rick, as he is known, actually passed some time during the night.

He is survived by his brother Tock, who operates a small clock shop, and a sister, Tack, who works at the candy counter at the local drug store.

He had a small, quiet ceremony as he had very few friends. Most thought of him as a "blood-sucking parasite".

He will be dismembered. This, according to his last wishes, as he wanted to .......

Rest In Pieces.

Old 07-16-2006, 07:36 AM
Brewerpaul

The slow and not so steady climb up the learning curve continues...
Got a new motor (courtesy of Lou) into my AB and got it balanced at the right spot, so I took it out to give it another try. Calm, clear morning, not a trace of wind. I launched the plane and, mindful of Lou and Brent's sage advice started climbing. Well, sort of climbing. With all that lead in the nose, the plane did not climb very fast. With ANY up elevator, it tried to balloon up and stall. Still, I got it to circle a couple of times and almost got it above the plane eating light poles on my field before one wingtip dipped a bit too much and she started down. I heard Brent's voice in my ear yelling "Kill the power, kill the power" so I did and the plane came down reasonably under control. I got another similar flight in, but this time the elevator control horn (already repaired twice) sheared right off. So, gotta go see if the local shop has anything comparable. Naturally, it's closed on Sunday...
Old 07-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

Brewer, i always put superglue around the badius control horns as they do tend to work loose.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks guys. Still not right with it. I guess it will take awhile. Bear got his name from his feet.
He had black claws that were 2 1/2" to 3" long, hanging out of furry paws. Vet said she'd never seen a dog with ones that big, and no they did not need trimmed, was just how they were. Was he!! on the hardwood floors. He could kill a 20 pound ground hog with one bite, but paid no attention to the neighbors cat. Kids could pull his ears off and he didn't mind.
But no one got near my wife, that was his mommy. Would not growl or bark, would just walk up and plant himself between "mom" and the visitor and stare at them.
Once he decided you were ok all was cool, unless you thought a 120 lb lap dog wasn't.
And he's the only dog I've ever owned that could talk. Would mix in all kinds of different growls to tell you what he wanted, and we actually could understand him. And if you didn't pay attention to him he would bark, the only time he would bark. Was like he knew you weren't paying attention. And fast was an understatement. At our old house was a hillside of around 45 degrees. Tree line stared around 200 yards up from the house. Turkeys used to roost in the edge of the trees, and flock around them. He would know they were there when he was inside the house. Let him out and he would cover the distance in a heartbeat and nail one of the turkeys before it could take off. Never killed them, was like a game to him. He would knock it over, then let it go. Then would come prancing back to the house, like he was the king of the hill.
Amazing the attachment we make with them. I grew up on a farm where animals and diposing of them was an every day experience, but something different with one who connects with you.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Loubud

Omi Canoli,
Man oh man. I'd have felt just like you. A horrible thing to witness.

GG,
Tell me another Bear story. I'll share a Soda story. These hybrids have a lot in common. Or so it appears.
Thanks for this story.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:36 AM
AJ1202

GG, sorry to hear about Bear

Brent, good luck on the maiden, I look forward to the vids

Ray/Carl and or all I have temperarily retired the Tin Goose as I have more pressing things to do, I am working on my P-51 and have to repair the Formosa, no biggie there just a motor mount stick, I am also working on repairing the wing and fuse of the elder P-51 as I'm going to pass it on, AND in the middle of all this I'm working on a plane from scratch, I am using pics and templates to get the general sizes but I'm building this one from scratch. It will definatly resemble the plane I'm building it after but it is a scratch build. It is a water or sea plane Oh did I mention it's a scratch build

Doug, man back into buying mode are we, I don't see how you keep up with them
Old 07-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Brewerpaul

there's
ORIGINAL: Airbourne in Japan

Brewer, i always put superglue around the badius control horns as they do tend to work loose.
Done that, but this one sheared right off!
Old 07-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Loubud

Then it's off to the LHS on Monday.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Loubud

OK. I'll start with a Soda story.
As with Bear, anyone could play with him unless he was suspicious of you. One day I am walking Soda to my pals house and I see Debby. Uh oh. I did the guy thing and didn't call her after..uh...you know. It had been a while but being a girl, she didn't forget. So I have Soda on a short leash and he's sitting at my side while Debby yells at me for not calling. I'm looking for wiggle room to talk my way out when suddenly, Debby winds up and is about to slug me in the face. Half way through the punch Soda jumps up. grabs her hand and stands there with her hand in his mouth. I tell Soda to let her go and he spits out her hand. I'm still trying to wiggle out of this and she does it again. Her fist is getting close to my face when suddenly Soda jumps up and grabs her fist. Not seeing the wiggle room I needed I told Debby that Soda must be in a bad mood and she should leave. Good doggy.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:47 AM
bleary

GG so sorry to hear about your dog Bear,I'm on my fourth dog now,and it doesn't get any easier.The dumb blind love they give as they look you in the eye.....I have taken two to the vet for the last time,and never want to do it again,but I will if it has to be done...tearing up just thinking about it,a 70 kilogram big old black rottweiler Sam,me crying,Angela crying,vet crying,holding them as the fatal juice takes hold.AArrggghhh.
On another note,I finished modifying the yellow thing,I need some advice on aeliron and elevator travel before the maiden.Anyone got some advice?
I got about half an inch elevator,and possibly 3 quarters aeliron at the moment,but I can adjust.The wing is reinforced with carbon fibre and glassed,I used 2 9gram servos for the aelirons,the motor is an Align 400 1500kv,the esc is a 60 amp rcsmart el cheapo,the prop is a 8x6 I think,and it is drawing a meagre 23 amps at wot on a 4S 20C 2200 pack.
I am not gonna paint until after the maiden...just cos...
GG here is my batcave as the missus calls it...so messy compared to yours..
Anyone got any hints before maiden?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81769.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	492114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13851.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	492115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ek15030.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	492116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xq44202.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	492117  
Old 07-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Loubud

Bleary,
Yup, your Bat Cave is a bit untidy compared to GG's. I took a different approach. I have the planes and parts all over the house except the living room. (But it still resembles your cave.
Sorry to hear about your doggy. It is hard to put your best pal down and it took me over 25 years to get the nerve up to get another doggy knowing that one day I'll have to face the ending. But I can't put into words the joy Lil Matador gives me everyday. Being mostly housebound, he's fabulous company. Brings me a toy whenever I enter the room. If I'm late, he's only happier to see me.
It just doesn't get any better than that.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:07 AM
bleary

Thanks Lou,here is the latest little terror."Floyd" a hungarian vizla,bit like a weimaraner.He has extremely sharp teeth...[:-]Not a good photo sorry,just don't want to wake him up....bit like the tasmanian devil,only you cant turn him off..
Cheers,
Punctured.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84248.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	492151  
Old 07-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Loubud

Bleary,
I've only read about them. I always liked the Weimaraner. Elaine and I were looking for a specific type of personality when we chose the Mastiff. Not a lazy dog tho they give that appearance but they only like short walks. They also like to sleep wherever. They have a tendency to rearrange furniture. If they get the notion to lay down behind the sofa, they move the sofa. Matador moves my recliner around now and then. Seems it gets in his way. And he'll move the dining room chairs if the chair is to pushed up close to the table. Little quirks of the breed. Oh, he does talk. He has 2 different barks. One is when he first goes out in the back. A sorta "I'm here" thing with him. The other is unmistakable "Get away from here" bark. Very deep. Regular talking is not a growl but similar. No anger to it it, just talking. He'll do that if I sleep to long. He also likes to check to see if Elaine and I are breathing. In the middle of the night he'll put his fave an inch or too from mine and just sorta blow at you. If you don't open your eyes, he'll keep it up till you do. Elaine usually gets up to go to work at 6 AM. At 6:15 he'll bark at her. And at less than a foot away. Good doggy. Gotta keep the wifeys income.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.