Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Loubud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

GG,
I like those planes but I want to stay in the UPS budget and they are huge!!! I'd take the 1st one. Sounds pretty good.
On the other hand, how many planes have your name on it? It's like it was meant to be mine.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Loubud

Terry,
I like the P-40's. Hellcat doesn't appeal to me as much. The Texan is ok.

AJ,
UPS tells me that it's 8 days from the 11th. Won't be long now.
All.
I won't get anything till the check clears and AJ tallies the vote. And...I'll need to join a club so I can land. If I don't, I can only land when the farmer grows celery.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Stingray69

Terry

The cam will weigh half as much without the screen. Makes a big difference to the cub and ss. 2 black screws hold the lcd. Remove them then flip it over to release the ribbon cable. The ribbon cable latches are 2 tiny gray toggles toward the side of the board connector the ribbon goes into. Flip them down then gently pull the cable out. It will go back together the same way. Below is pics of my cam wrapped for flying. I 1st tied the leads off to the corner screw hole for strain relief. I then took an old hard drive anti static bag and cut out a corner sized piece to fit the board, Made a whole for the lense, then taped the other 2 open sides shut. I then marked the record button with a sharpie. Next I took some thin electronic wrapping foam and did the same thing. Also marked the record button again. Afterwards I wrapped the foam with packing tape. It would be a pain to unwrap and attach the lcd often so I just take what I get in the field. You could also load OPS on a laptop and have it at the field to unload the cam, view and fly again.

If the foam is transparent enough, you will be able to see the red LED light lit up when the record button is pressed. to verify it's recording.

Sray
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60003.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	507729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93567.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	507730  
Old 08-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Stingray69

Terry,

The kids are having a blast with my old cam. I put it back in the case. It would never pass airline screening though. LOL... Omei tested the screeners out with his. I also have another 220 I will do similar to this to keep in the car. Sometimes you see odd things on the road you wish you had video of. The extra cam is for when the 220 I now have gets destroyed or lost. I'll then convert it for flying. Bound to happen eventually. They will be scarce one day.

Sray
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56968.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	507734  
Old 08-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Loubud

Hi All,
I've been pondering the UPS plane thing. Lets review what happened for a sec. AJ, out of the goodness of his heart, sends me a plane that is the same as one I got from Dougie. He also includes a mega motor that bolts right onto the gearbox that comes with it. He bought all of this stuff for himself and in the Badius way, forwarded it to me. Didn't have to include an expensive motor but he did anyway. His thoughts were that both these planes together would make a nice plane for me. For all of this, I am grateful to both AJ and Doug. But who really deserves the UPS check? Certainly not me. I think that because of the Badius Boys way of doing things that AJ should be the one that benefits from his generosity. I have two 60 inch wingspan planes already. Also have a 1.6 meter, 2 meter and a 4 meter sailplanes. (I really should join that club).
So there you have it. I have planes to fly and like everyone else, a budget to try to stick to. AJ should get a new plane. If for no other reason, because it seems the right thing to do.
Thanks
Lou
Old 08-15-2006, 01:36 PM
AJ1202

Lou, who said I paid for all that stuff. I never said I bought the stuff I sent to you,, did I ? No I think not, now whether I did or didn't buy the stuff is not the issue here. I like so many others was simply following the Badius way, not nessasarily paying it forward so much as sharing items I don't think I will use or just want someone else to get the benifit of. I did do it out of the goodness of my heart thought . Lou if it comes down to UPS having to pay the insurance claim, which it realy looks like it will YOU will get a new plane to replace the one I was sending you, now I can tell you if you try to make me take the money I will just buy a plane and send it to you anyway, so deal with it, I never said it had to be a big plane or balsa, all I said was it needed to be a warplane as that is what I was sending and that is what you wanted. this as nothing more than,,, well it's like your neibor coming over and saying I know you like to fix things up and I just bought a new grill and wanted to know if you wanted my old one before I take it to the yard sale or to the dump.
I think the pay it forward applies to helping newby's whether it be in knowledge or sending them some of the stuff you have laying around as they are still where we started.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:58 PM
afineman

OOHH Boys

I'll be the mediator in this one.

If UPS has lost the package, and there is a check cut for that lost package, AND.

Seeing BOTH parties have been on the giving and receiving end of our Badius way.

The money will be split between both, and BOTH will enjoy the windfall, and I don't want to hear another word about it.

Now I think that is a fair ruling and everyone HAS to take something, now Stop it before I start doing some research ( AJ you won't get that joke ).

Brent
Old 08-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Loubud

AJ,
Ok. I didn't know whether ya paid cashola or not but still. Those are my thoughts on this thing. And, since you'd just send the plane here anyway, keep the wingspan under GG size. Man, his choices are BIG. How about 40" mininum and under 70 maximum. The UPS $$ should fill it out nicely.
Oh. Just got a call from a guy I talked to when the laptop got squished. Claim will be filed 8 days after the 11th. Sunday may not count so it'll be done soon.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Loubud

Brent,
Sounds ok to me. The $500 is split and the shipping costs returned to AJ. A win win sitch.
Research. HAHAHAHA. Good one.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Loubud

I think I'll just buy a box of Futaba Servos.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:09 PM
gunfighterII

Lou,
How much would you like to bet they find the package on the last day, that's the union way.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Loubud

You would normally be right except that AJ made a small mistake. He wrote RC Plane on the box. It was just a month or so ago that on the news here it had UPS drivers loading up their carts with IBM puters and delivering them to themselves and their friends. I remind UPS of that and then say that AJ should have used, as GG says, FedExcellence. Me being an ex union guy I do see your point but the UPS guys I have spoken to so far dreaded what was written.
There is an old saying that I believe. "You can only push an honest man so far". Fortunately I haven't hit that point but stack a million bucks in front of me and that would do it. UPS and I suspect that an RC fan working at UPS just reached his limit. He wouldn't know what was in the box but would know that it could have been a grand or so in it. To much for this one guy to pass up. This addiction is strong.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Stingray69

I'm with Brent,

Both of you get the SAME plane. THen once you both have your planes in hand. The contest begins. The first one to build and fly it and post a maiden video wins! Wins what? We can as a group come together with that. Or, instead of a first place prize we could have a 2nd place penalty. Like, loser has to do something embarrassing. Maybe fly a plane in the celery field in your undeshorts.

SRay
Old 08-15-2006, 03:56 PM
AJ1202

Well Lou, that's not completely acurate I did not write RC Plane or RC anything on the Box, here is what I wrote
FRAGILE, HANDLE WITH CARE, ANTIQUE,,,,,,,,, on one side the other side read like this

FRAGILE
DO NOT CRUSH
DO NOT STACK
DO NOT USE FOR BATTERING RAM
DO NOT USE FOR WHEEL CHOCK
DO NOT USE FOR TABLE DANCES
DO NOT USE FOR TARGET PRACTICE
and a couple more that escaape me right now
I thought it was funny

I am still of a mind that if it boils down to a refund the money gets used to buy Lou a plane we as a group pick,then if there is any moneys left I will consider using it to make a purchase for someone else in the Badius Clan.
This is what I want to do
Old 08-15-2006, 03:58 PM
gunfighterII

Lou,
Let me restate my thinking here, it's sounds from your past post's that you've had some difficulties with the UPS boy's, sometimes when you get on the wrong side of certain people they have a tendency to retaliate, do you see what I mean. Let me tell you of a little example I had the pleasure of dealing with, once we took a job up in Omaha, (heavily union) at a Taco Bell, at a time when jobs were a little scare for the union, well lo and behold guess who show's up on the jobsite with camcorder in hand and videotaped from across the street, OSHA, the first thing the OSHA guy said when he stepped on the jobsite was any of you guy's in the union, and if so your free to leave, well to make a long story short, they caught one of our guy's standing on top of a 6 foot ladder, $1,800 fine, $1,000 for standing on top of the ladder and $800 for not teaching the guy to not stand on top of the ladder. Moral of the story, don't diss the union guy's, they get a little testy. Sorry if any Badius boy's are in the union, but in the electrical trade it get's kind of nasty at times.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Loubud

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sray,
They don't always plant celery but you assumed I would lose. I do build slow but not with a bet of consequence. AJ and I are discussing it now. He likes the original plan. It's like Brent's idea of guessing a number. Lots of fun. I guess 2 planes could be as fun but remember I don't like foamies. I can't fix them properly. Just me. AJ has strong feelings about this whole mess. I leave it all to him with no offense intended towards anyone. The Badius Way.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:06 PM
gunfighterII

AJ,
At the company I used to work for, we did all the work at the UPS distribution center here in town, they have a little area just for boxes such as yours, if you wrote all that on the box it's safely sitting in the distribution center awaiting delivery on the last day possible before the payout, trust me on this one. next time stick with the words perishable, and sometimes that won't even work in special cases.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

hey GG, sorry to hear your boy's sick, hope he gets better soon. hey Lou and AJ, what about a ripmax spitfire from tower, $109 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLSN7&P=ML or the combat corsair that Brent's got http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGJY8&P=ML they also do a p51, but that's not supposed to be such a good flier. hey Lou, i like that raidentech mustang, the one with your name on, maybe that's the one for you.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Loubud

Geez, all these posts while I'm yakking with a UPS VP.
GF2. I'm a union boy too. Well, before I got sick and had to retire. I never ran into what you did with the Taco Bell example but I know about the retaliation part. UPS can crush, steal or lose whatever they send me. I always make sure it's insured to my advantage. I told the VP last time that they can continue to send me checks as long as they wish. I am very good at yakking with these guys tho I do change the verbage a bit when posting. And it's all true what I post about them. I just like it when a big shot is aware of the problem since the little shots don't answer their phones. This has happenned 3 of the last 3 deliveries. They don't even have to ask for my address or phone number anymore. My UPS area people all know that if they screw up my delivery that I know how to nail them with the guy in charge of further promotions. VP in charge of personel. That's the man in any company if you want fast serious action.
I have just finished a call from his secretary before this post.
All is well here as far as I can see. Petty beuracratic snakes don't give me much trouble.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:33 PM
gunfighterII

Lou,
That's good that you were in the union, I'm sure they took care of you on the health insurance issue. Sometimes they can be a great advantage. If I remember correctly you were in the movie business union which is vastly different from the trade unions.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Loubud

Doug,
Those are nice planes but I didn't see AJ's or my name on it.
A short story.
All of my favorite cars have all come with the letter K in the lincense plates. A TR4A, 1958 Porsche Cabriolet (Exceptionally rare) and my current Black Benz.
The ever Gracious Elaine saw the P-51 and just figured it was made for me even tho it wasn't a shining star in battle. GF2 posted a link to the original plane. Interesting reading for P-51 fans.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Loubud

GF2,
You're right about the insurance part. Movie unions suck as they don't have a real interest in whether you work or not. Just pay the dues. Next time I call you I'll tell you about me and the union guys. Funny stuff in a perverted way.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:44 PM
patnchris

This probably isn't the right place to ask this question, but you all seem like a knowlegable and honest group of guys and I'd value your opinion. What transmitters do you all use, and why?. I was looking at an Optic 6, but it seems that there have been a slew of issues with it as of late. As I only intend to purchase one, I'd like to purchase the right one first, and skip the learning curve. I will only be flying electrics, however I can't say that I will never be flying anything bigger than a parkflyer. I have no built in prejudice one way or the other, other than I'd like to stay under $300. Your input would be appreciated......Thanks in advance..... Pat
Old 08-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

hey Guys, het rc are bringing out a twin ducted fan phantom...ummmmm. it's quite big. here's a link http://www.modelflight.com.au/het/he...hantom_edf.htm
Old 08-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Stingray69

For you Stryker fans

http://www.rcuniverse.com/mvp/videolink.cfm?postid=2797

Sray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.