Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Loubud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

Sticks, it's brand new. Just put the plug on this afternoon. I'll put the Deans plug on and test it on other parts.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:30 AM
AgCat1982

You have a volt meter don't you? If not, you really need to get one! You can get one for $5.00! It will tell you a lot! How do you know it's dead?
Old 04-07-2005, 12:33 AM
Loubud

I don't have anything that will tell me volts or watts. I do have a bunch of esc's and servos and rx's. Not a thing works with the new bat. I'm going to cut of the plug and check the solder job Haze did. I suspect it's ok but I'll look anyway.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:14 AM
AgCat1982

I left a message and got locked out and lost it![:@]

Haze, you should really consider getting a volt meter. They can be had for really cheap and really good ones for around $30 or so. They will tell you lots about your batteries. Especially Li-Po's. These batteries slowly drop voltage from the moment you start using them! So, you can tell, pretty close, how much charge you have. My 3 cell LiPs' are fully charged at 12.60v. Anything below that and it can stand some recharging. Empty is around 9v. Much lower than that could mean you have over discharged and possibly ruined the battery.

I have used a volt meter since I was 6! Really good for letting you know if an electrical outlet is hot or not.

Haze, I have had a blast building this Aerofly and have more fun seeing you fly it! Not me crashing it! I don't NEED anything else for what I have done. I have been well paid! Like I said, if I can find a good place to fly it again I will. But, only to test it out good, see what the motor will really do and see how it handles at altitude. Then it's the remainder of pearl trim and it's on it's way to you! I would NOT consider it good payment with me crashing it beyond repair! I have to get new glasses before I trust myself around any obstacles. And, that may have to be after Uncle Sam dips his hand in our piggy bank! I'm working on that now, too! This electronics testing has been fun for me. That's right down my ally! I do stuff like that for relaxation!

Oh yeah, Captain? Where the devil are our Cubs? I am afraid they may not be getting them. I just sent them an email asking about them. I really wanted to try one. I think there would be a way to make them a little lighter than they are. Would be fun to try. Remember, they are made heavier for gas engines. Some of the heavy plywood could be removed if approached right.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:14 AM
AndyL

Hey Guys, Raidentech has their C17E red biplane on sale for $24.95. Has anyone tried it? It looks similar to Shun Da: 3ch w/ a 380. I'm tempted. It seems like a deal, even just for the parts. By the way, my thumb's better!
Old 04-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Loubud

Rule 48 sub-chapter 12.
Buy planes.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Loubud

Hey Thumbs,
Get the plane and give us a report. Can't have too many.
Slipper notes.
Took apart the solder job Hazy did on the lipo connector. It brought tears to my eyes. A beautiful job and all for naught. My bat charger will give me strange beeps if the bats are hooked up wrong to the charger. With the wires soldered red to red, black to black, the charger tells me to check connections. After I stripped of the plug and used alligator clips, the charger said the same thing. Since I live on the edge I reversed the wires and tried again. Same thing. The new lipo has either a bad cell or a bad wire or both. I'm very disapointed. I got the motor, esc and liupo from Todd's Hobbies so I'll have to holler at them and see what they'll do.

Badius Notes,
You guys forgot I had one of these, didn't ya? I have the bats charging now. It's a bit overcast right now but I'll fly anyway. The Badius always comes home. I have to use some beat up flat wings till I get around to ordering new wings. We'll see how it goes.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:07 AM
carlf
My Feedback: (1)

Boy, Raidentech sure knows how to boost the economy. That email coupon for sure will help add to there monthly revenues... we are all going to be broke for a while... [sm=drowning.gif]
Old 04-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Loubud

Hey Carl, did ya get a new plane?
Badius notes.
Still charging those bats. They're deader than a door nail. I'll kick the amps up a bit.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Loubud

Hi All,
Badius notes.
The bats finally charged up and I did a preflight before hopping over the fence to the farm. Yikes! The weeds and wildflowers are as tall as I am. A regular jungle back there. The pathway that I land in is getting smaller and smaller. I think everyone's back yard is growing outwards. Me and ole Badius take a machette and forge our way to the choo choo tracks, wait for the train to go by and then...the launch. I should never go when Hazy is awake. I move the rudder stick right, Badius goes left. I want to go up, Badius goes down. Well the heck with it then. Ya wanna go down, go down. Into the tall weeds and flowers she goes. It takes me a few minutes to find poor ole Badius but she's ok. I do the flight check thing again to see what the heck happened. Doh! I had everything reversed. Should have looked at the tail end of the plane instead of the nose. Doh!
Ok, launch time again. I'm starting to sweat. I haven't flown much lately and I hate to crash. The wind is blowing like a mutha. Has to be hitting 2 MPH. Kidding. No air to speak of so I toss ole Badius. I did the CG test twice and was positive it was spot on. Ole badius was climbing pretty good. I thought that maybe ole Haze was at it again. Nope. Backed off the throttle a little and ole Badius chilled out and flew level. The trouble with this Badius is I need those new wings. These have a tendency to veer to the left. I used the tx to get her straight and couldn't trim her out the way I wanted to. Oh well. Full throttle for a while. AHA! A thermal. I cut power and hang in it. I glide out of the thermal and throttle back into it. What a day. I cruised the farm for a bit and when I got tired of standing in the farm looking like an idiot I brought ole Badius down. Never did put the other bats in. I just wanted to fly a little before nap time.
Life is good.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

buy the way the cc lee c17 biplane from raidentech only has an on/off speed control as i remember, so if you get it you may want to put get a badius speed control as well. the good thing about that is there are plenty of spares available for that plane. note that the wings, both top and bottom are held on by rubber bands.

hey Brent, i'm interested to know what you think of the mustang from raidentech when you get it. what's the construction like and what's the fus and wings made from. they say it takes an mpjst motor and gearbox, which i just happen to have spare, but i was originally thinking of buying a glow mustang from tower. by the time i build the 2 badiuses and corsair, i'll have about 25 planes and i think that's enough, but what the heck !! by the way, started work on the corsair yesterday...(motor max plane)
Old 04-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Loubud

Doug,
You and Brent are hearing things.
(buy me)
(buy me)
Tee hee
(buy me)
Old 04-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

hey Loubud, i've been thinking of buying a mustang for a while now and i've just discovered that parkzone are doing a new rtf. bit expensive, guess i could buy the parts, but i think it's got aileron and elevator. the bat is a 10.?v nimh. i really like the f27 and aerobird by the same company and being rtf means no building. don't know what it's made of but it's got a geared 480 motor. the dd 480 motor on the f27 is a screamer, so this mustang should go pretty well. buy buy buy. might be a good plane for you !! (that or the f27 - no building just fly )
Old 04-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Loubud

I have fun building and destroying planes. Actually flew ole Badius today. I think tomorrow I'll fly the heli and see if i can keep it in one piece.
Actually, wifey doesn't like seeing planes in parts so I have to fly something now and then. I still have that Zagi to build. No planes till thats done. Omei will be up very soon. If I'm the first to get a good maiden it will proove what a sorry lot we are!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:03 PM
RayRay

Haze,

Its not TB, it's RC. RC bug that is.
Hollywood, have your tried the RC Anonymous program that I recommended to Doug?
Geez, 7 planes now? I think you may be getting a little [sm=bananahead.gif]

P. Ray
- Your explanation of the tiny wing holes make perfect sense to me. Good thing that it doesn't affect flight performance.
My Sky Hawk was a little out of balance. When laying her on a flat level surface, she kept tipping left so I taped a quarter on the right wing to balance her out. Works like a charm.

Tailwind

ORIGINAL: Loubud

You're a sick man Doc. TB must be setting in already.
I got the coupon thing too. I was playing the sound ffect from one of the fighters when sweetie came in. LOL. Like I don't have enough addictions already.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:28 PM
RayRay

Louie,

The next time you bring Haze along to fly, please reiterate Ray Ray's preflight rules #1 & 2 which are:

#1: Ensure that rudder and elevator (all control surfaces) are working and,
#2: are moving the the correct direction.
[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Did you fly with the fuse that I sent ya?

P.S. Your flight reports are always fun to read.

your old Badius pal,

Ray Ray
Old 04-07-2005, 07:39 PM
AgCat1982

Hazy, go to the hornets nest and read the last posts.

Here's the link.....[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2724109/mpage_3/key_/tm.htm]Hornets nest[/link]

Old 04-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Loubud

Geez Sticks. The first post bout killed me.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Loubud

. Just finished reading it. These guys are too much. It's like talking to Haze on heroin.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:55 PM
RayRay

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the link. Can't wait for that technology to penetrate the RC markets. This is going to be huge!!!
For all you capitalists out there: Buy Toshiba stock [8D]

Tailwind

ORIGINAL: carlf

Hey there you Lipo fans...did you see this?

http://www.toshiba.co.jp/about/press/2005_03/pr2901.htm

Doc said the other day, he got a 90 minunte flight on a lipo.. I'm wondering now if you would get 70 more minutes after only a 1 minute charge...
Old 04-07-2005, 08:02 PM
AgCat1982

Haze, how did you like the "you know they have this amazing new thing out there called a folding prop" He didn't have a clue what he was talking about and was going to give "dummy" me the where to go. Also, "that prop will not push this plane" He's one of the guys who is always posting on the aerodynamics forum. He may be an engineer.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Loubud

Most of those guys were blow hards. A couple were ok. I don't much care for pugface calling it a barge.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:06 PM
RayRay

Hi Sticks,

A quote from one of my favorite movies, Cool Hand Luke:

"What we have here is a failure to communicate!"

By no way on your part. From what I read, there's alot of deaf ears in the Hornets Nest.
Don't work youself up over it. Not worth it.

You did an amazing job with Hazey's um Lou's Aerofly. We all see that here. [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

Take care,

Tailwind

Old 04-07-2005, 08:09 PM
AgCat1982

Like everyone, he didn't bother to read the thread and didn't know it was a glider. When I told him, at least he said it with a big smile.

Just the idea that other one thinking he knew everything and was trying to make me look foolish! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. People should be careful when doing that. It's always fun to see it backfire.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Loubud

Hey Sticks,
Tailwind is right. Flying that thing was ballsy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.