Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 09:37 PM
Loubud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

Hey Sticks,
Wifey got the music connection. Pretty funny after you figure it out. Only question is, why did you have that song in the first place?
You'll have to excuse me. Missed my afternoon nap today.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:40 PM
AgCat1982

I was gone almost all day today and it was CALM all day!!!!!!! I did fly the aerobird with my 7.4v Li-Po's for 23 minutes in one flight!!!! I only stopped then because I didn't have a Lip protector on it and was afraid I might over do it. I could not ever get more that 6 minutes from the stock batteries! This is the first time I have been up this long on one flight.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:41 PM
AgCat1982

I just love ABBA! Sorry!
Old 04-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Loubud

I didn't recognize them. I remember little from back then.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:19 PM
carlf
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Sticks, Can you tell me on your Flash 4 & 5 Do you use the standard 600 mAh battery or did you updgade. I see up to 1650 mAh is available. Wondering how much of a upgrade is needed?
Old 04-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Loubud

Hey Carl,
I upgraded my tx bat to a 1200 mah. One of the better things I've done. It is my humble opinion that some tx's sit on the shelf soo long that the bats are pretty far gone by the time we use them. I could be wrong but I think the upgrade is a good one. My stock tx bat is a 700 mah nicad. I didn't think that it held a charge all that well even after cycling. It seemed as tho I always had to charge the darn thing. The new 1200 nimhs are pretty good. I have cycled them once and am still on the same charge. And wifey likes to have spares laying around. And if Wifey wants spares, she gets spares.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Diggidy

Hey guys,

I know a couple of us have been waiting for the raidentech gas/electric cub.
Unfortunatlely i don't think it is ever going to come in. I know i have been waiting since the beginnng of December.

But i think i have found a suitable replacement. The modeltech Cub .25 from Hobby People.
Here is the thread on it. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288034

A little heavier than the Raidentech cub but very workable i think.
My AXI 2820/10 would work well in it
Old 04-09-2005, 12:46 AM
carlf

Lou, I suspected as much on the Rx battery.
I bought 2 AB and a Shun Da J-3 Cub right from the start (all RTF) and the second AB I got new for $44 plus shipping and I gave it to my dad. He, I, Wifey and my Co Pilot ( 4 yr old Colln) went out on my Badius maiden. Crashed alot on the windy day but we all had fun.. and will do it again! I learned alot here in Badius Land. My dad and I are both going to mode 2 radios ( got a Laser 4 and my dad got a Flash 5 yesterday) and are waiting on receives to come in so we can use the new radios to fly with. Should be real soon. In the mean time I'm getting some flight time in on the FMS simulator using my new Tx (mode 2) and doing pretty well.. This stuff is pretty cool and everyone here does some wild stuff (you can tell I've been reading Hazy's posts) This is a wonderful addiction...until the bills come in....
Old 04-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Loubud

Hey Carl,
When the bills come in, shuffle them into the kiddie pile. Those darn kids cost a bundle and wifey might not notice.
So, flying with ole Dad and a 4 year old. Keeping a youngster happy while flying is a good trick. Grounded needs you to take notes for him.
Weather report for tomorrow is high winds. It's blowing somewhere in the twenties right now so I expect the Slipper maiden to be delayed. I just did a test of the motor and with a 2 cell 720 mah liupo and am just short of enough power to take off verticle. In flight there will be enough power to get into and out of trouble as long as the wing holds up. Hmmn. Maybe I should have gotten a 3 cell lipo. Oh well.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:43 AM
AgCat1982

carlf, I agree on the battery upgrade. I haven't done it yet, but, the way things have been going, I haven't needed it! Weather, tree magnets and bad eyes! I have finally worked up a good blame list.[8D]

If you get into being able to fly all day I don't think the bat will hold up, especially if you forget to turn it off a couple times between flights! I had to find Butch after his girlfriend searching, you know, and, yeah that's it, it made me loose my train of thought.

I'll take a look at cub. You must have missed my post. I got an email from Raiden Tech saying they still didn't have it and might not be able to get it. I was really hoping for it at their price! Still might, though. Didn't say no.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73598.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	255987  
Old 04-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Loubud

Hi All,
No flying today. Wind is at just under 20 mph and climbing. I'll have to work on the Omei for a while instead.
Hey sticks, get a stuffed animal. They're sorta like pet rocks. Easy to find.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:51 AM
AgCat1982

That was another on my blame list, Haze! You know, anything else, just NEVER my fault!
Old 04-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Loubud

Haze is out back staring at the wind. He has that wind blown look down pat.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:09 AM
AgCat1982

Carl, where did you find that plane? I went to Hobby People and could only find the Wattage ARF. A little shorter wing span and a little lighter and $29 higher! It looks good, but for the landing gear. Uses wire. The Raiden Tech had a more scale look with theirs. That could always could be upgraded. It weighs 22oz which my 400F brushless would make jump off the ground! I have bought so much stuff that I have to hold on $80 bucks right now while I fly what I have! We were going to get the Raiden Tech for less than $50.

What is the price of the one you mentioned?
Old 04-09-2005, 12:33 PM
afineman

Hey All

Well I finished the first plane, now it's on to the Magpie, I hope to get that done before the P-51 comes in

Next weekend should be maiden heaven

The Formosa specs are

Motor Max 400 T, C/C Phoenix 24 with a 9X6 prop
2 cell 1,500 lipo
Raidentech's ripoff of the Hitec 55 servos
Hitech feather rx
AUW is 15.25 oz.

I won't be ripping the wings off, but it should fly OK

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31465.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	256030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76246.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	256031  
Old 04-09-2005, 04:05 PM
carlf

Hey Sticks,

I did say I Bought a CUB.. I didn’t say I got a good deal,.I wouldn’t recommend getting it here I got soaked for over $95.00
I did this before I got my education here from you guys..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...968011406&rd=1

Check out these ARF - This looks like the best deal going if you want one.
This seller seems to have a pretty good stock too

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...968084419&rd=1

These are his other auctions ARF P51 and others too!
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlanjay15

Here is another seller http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...968313298&rd=1

Tell me what you think about the cub...looks like you are right at the $50.00 benchmark too...
Old 04-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Loubud

Hi all,
Omei notes.
Ole Hollywood done good. I sent a mini video of the Omei motor test to those I had emails for. I used a 9X4.5 prop and will go a bit larger on another day. Still too windy for any flying so only got to do a small test. Full throttle and the Omei will go verticle from my hands at full power. The prop used isn't quite large enough for super tricks but I'm sure the motor and esc can handle a better prop for that. What a blast. I still have to set all the throws on the servos so flying wouldn't have been possible today anyway. Tomorrow will still be windy so we all have to wait.
If anyone wants to see the mini movie, PM me and I'll send it.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:00 PM
afineman

Lou

THAT WAS GGRREEAATT

I am so relieved that my low budget suggestion appears to do the job.

That motor can handle a larger prop, I was really surprised to see that kind of lift with only a 9 inch prop I can see a nice 10X5 or 6 folding prop, that should make it smoke

Watch out, it becomes real easy to get addicted to that kind of power.

If you panic go full power, point the plane up, recompose, and glide down. That was how I learned to fly the Ultimate, well I really don't fly the Ultimate, I have so much excess power, all I do is steer it

Great video and thanks for thinking of me

Doc[sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Old 04-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Loubud

Hey Carl,
PM me your email address.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:48 PM
AgCat1982

It's still nothing like the Raiden Tech cub. Wouldn't be bad if you could get it for no more than $30 in my humble opinion. You would have to add the $15 shipping. It looks like the Raiden Tech RTF Cub without the electronics.

Hazy, ole boy, my man! Look'n good! Just what setup did Hollywood recommend for you?

You guys were talking about brothers. My brother is also my best friend! He likes this stuff and helps me a lot. He has so much to do around his house, right now, that he won't try to do any flying yet. He problems similar to mine and doesn't feel like doing anything after working. I keep trying to get him to slow up on the house. He knows he can use my stuff anytime he wants. He bought an already built, 100 inch wing span, Cub last year just to have one! He and I both have always looked at those in the shops and constantly talked about getting one. I think he's hoping I will get good enough to fly it for him so he can blame me if it crashes! It had everything except the rx. Has a 4 stroke engine. It's a really good looking scale model.[8D]
Old 04-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Loubud

Hey Pappy,
You have mail.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Loubud

Hey Sticks,
Get over to your bros house and fly that Cub for him. That's one big plane.
Hollywood told me to get an MP Jet. I'm using the same esc that I originally sent you. Wait till I get the right prop. Should go straight up at 3/4 throttle right out of my hand. Oh, by the way. The new esc will have a governor on it. I'll put that one in the heli when it gets here.
You should have the new esc by Wed.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:29 PM
iflyatcae

Not sure if anyone heard me last time so here goes. Anybody know if EPS foam is crap or not? From nastytoesaviation.com. I want to build a plane from that and then glass the thing. any thoughts?
Old 04-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Loubud

Hey Sundance,
Is it EPP? foam/ And if you glass it, doesn't much matter I think. 3M makes a spray that sticks to the good foam. 3 M #77. Cover that with mylar tape in your choice of color.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

hey Iflyatcae, try epp foam if you can get it. easy to fix and you wont have to glass it.

hey Brent, finished the wattage 'THIS ONE WILL FLY' corsair with the motor max motor you fixed. all ready to fly. don't know if i'll go flying today as it's a bit windy.

got the mega brushless for my windy badius, just got to put the motor and esc in and fit the 6x?prop blades to the stock prop and make that fit the motor shaft. if it's anything like the one flight i had on the himax power, it should warp the poly wings again !! going to put a cf rod in a new set of poly wings anyway, but i have to wait for a month or so while the economy post from tower hobbies gets here with the latest supplies. ripper !!

hey Loubud, i really like the vids of the omei, perhaps one day someone from this thread will actually fly one. if it's you (or anyone else), i recommend the following. firstly and most important, use a BIG field as you will need a lot of space for landing for a long time. secondly, use a big lipo, 4200mah is recommended. that way you'll have power left to help with the landing if it gets messy. fly a proper circuit for landing, that really helps. you will probably need to use the elevator trim quite a lot. for power up, nose down trim. for gliding, nose up trim. for final approach to land, nose dow n trim. this is especially useful for reducing the float as those big glider wings have SOO much lift. be prepared to crash a few times (better to have a wooden or plastic fus). anyway, good luck whenever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.