Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 06:57 PM
deathsprial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

I went on Vacation last week and brought my car to be fixed I was lucky to miss the rain but when i got back and went to get my car where I had brought it was under water and the street leading in on both sides is under 10 feet of water. My car is on the right side of the red car i may be one of the lucky ones. This was taken before the water crested. Some of the cars all you could see was the tip of the roof and the antena.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55775.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	462505  
Old 05-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Stingray69

I hope you flooded folks get some relief soon and damage is minimal. Sorry to see and here about that. Good luck.

Ray
Old 05-16-2006, 08:09 PM
afineman

Stingray69

deathsprial is my brother Howard ( as seen in the videos) we live 17 mi apart, the last time the was a flood of that size in Lowell Ma was back in 1936.

All

Here is this evenings progress on "Sticks #2", most was cleaning and painting. I am using a brighter red that Ray's vinyl.

One of the GREAT parts about this kit is, when painted from the inside YOU CAN NOT SEE THE RUNS in the paint.

The wifey went out today to get the supplies for the painting this evening ( what a woman), she also pick up an 18k gold paint, as you can see this worked out well.

Tomorrow I start the gluing and I'm still hoping for a maiden this weekend.

OOHH don't give me any crap for my pilot, this is the first one I did and if it was 5 feet away from you, you would say it looks GREAT Hee Hee Hee ( the old 5 foot rule, kinda like the 6 pack rule with women)

Later All

Brent

EDIT: OOPPSS posted with out the pictures

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84970.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	462537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80599.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	462538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63386.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	462539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57558.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	462540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28493.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	462541  
Old 05-16-2006, 08:58 PM
ktaylor

Hey, someone else was looking for a place to buy some balancing taps,,, Ryan? I think. Here's a place
http://item.express.ebay.com/3CELL-B...mdZExpressItem
Old 05-16-2006, 10:12 PM
ktaylor

Brent, floods, yuck.
Howard, hope your car turns out to be ok.

Placed my order for a stryker fuselage. I got the "b" version with the thivker fuselage. I'm assuming that's a good thing. I'll make my on elevons & I have the stuff for the control arms & everything else. I'll need to get some measurments for a willing stryker owner for my elevons & vertical fins. Any volunteers? Not sure which one of my motors I'll use. I just won an auction on e-bay for 16 cd-rom motors that have to be modified ( only comes to $12, so why not). Might try one of them once I get to playing with them. I also have 4 or 5 bp-21 motors, 2 bp-12's, a bp-09 ( too slow for a stryker, more for a slow plane that want's lots of thrust), a model motors 1215/16 ( 3800 kv) , that hong kong motor ( 3200 kv, 400 sized), a justgofly 450f that needs rewound again ( kv is questionable after getting rewound, just have to stick a prop on and test the amps). Those are the available motors. I'm thinking I can start out easy with the bp-21 & move up from there if I want mroe speed out of it.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:13 AM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

hey Ken, thanks the motor in the link. i've tried running it direct drive with a 2s and 3s bat, but the plane wouldn't fly. i may use it for a gb if nobody want's it, but i wish i hadn't got it.

kid news. i've got a sore throat and it's windy but no rain now. couldn't fly ultralight or rc for 2 weeks. my kids both have coughs and yesterday my son had a high temp. anyway my wife gave him a suppository (ass medicine hehe) in the morning as it was his kindergarden picknic and he didn't want to miss it. but before lunch she had to bring him home in a taxi. he was quiet all afternoon (unusual) and his temp went up and down. i'd got up at 2am and was tired, but managed to hold out until 6.30 with the beer. anyway, 7.30, me and protesting son go to bed, i've just got in bed and he starts making gurgling sounds. i think **** he's going to be sick and rush him to the toilet, when i see he's having a fit and i think he might stop breathing or pass away or unconcious. so after a minute he stops fitting and he's really tired anyway and he's trying to close his eyes, but i want him to stay awake, as i screamed for my wife to get an ambulance. anyway, they are really good here and we live in the middle of the city so once they turned up i was plenty relieved. after a couple of hours in hospital he was back home and today he is ok, so all's well. i must say since an early age i've been in some deep **** so i can handle emergencies, but i don't have much medical knowledge and that is scary.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:53 AM
DepronJet

Brent

Wow Thats a Lot of water !
the Vid says it all !

Howard that is unlucky [&o], i hope it can be sorted,

ironically they are predicting hose pipe bans in the U.K this summer due to the reservoirs being too low !
but you know what media hype can do !

your steaming ahead with the Hawk
have you chosen a motor for it?

try to keep the wieght down at the back end if poss or if your putting a nice lump of Lipo in the front you can afford a little bit extra at the back

SRay and all

Postman arrived but no CVS camera [&o]

Airbourne

i had a similar thing with my youngest daughter,

What a Panic it puts you thru !
it was 3 years before she was given the all clear,
holidays were fun getting thru security with medication but thats the story of my life in airports !
its good you can keep a calm head

Ray Dep
Old 05-17-2006, 06:14 AM
ktaylor

Doug, GLad to hear that your son is ok. It's scary when kids get sick. With that motor, I had two of them, but burned one up. The one I burned up I tried using in the badius. Had no clue at that point about prop size/amps/battery size. I was using a 3 cell pack and a 5x4.3 gws prop. I think direct drive that the biggest it can handle is maybe 4x4. I had it in my formosa 2 with a 6:1 ratio and a 12x8 prop , 3 cell 2200 packs, couldn't run it full throttle for very long, short bursts. !/2 - 3/4 throttle worked ok. But it still melted the epoxy that holds the bearing plates to the carbon fiber shell. I didn't have any props in the 9 - 10 inch range at that time, would have worked better.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:48 AM
AJ1202

Doug, glad to hear he's OK now

Brent, I feel for Howard, man you just never know how quick these things can happen
The Hawk is looking good, I like the gold detailing,very nice

Plane related, I have been working on a little plane in the mornings that I built while I was in Albany for meetings, well this morning I hooked up batt to run test and the EDF I had installed wouldn't turn [] so I checked and I guess I had pressed it too tight into it's mount in the fuse and sqeezed the outer housing against the blades, no biggie I think, I cut the bottom of the fuse below the motor and relieved the pressure so it would spin but now has a hard spot in it when you turn it, hmmm, OK hook batt back up and now nothing happens [:@] I think I killed it on the first try or something, everything else works fine. dammitman, now I have to cut it out and replace it with another motor. It is a JES 39 77% with minor alterations to the wing size and tail design to accomidate the EDF motor
Formosa is just waiting on new motor, can't wait to get her in the air
No flying lately, rain and wind, but it's looking better now, I have been heading out before and sometiimes after work to fly, oh and during lunch when I can.
GOOD NEWS wife says at the end of this month I can buy some RC stuff, I'm thinking a couple RX for flash 5 a couple brushless motors and a couple more lipos and maybe a couple servo's
Old 05-17-2006, 06:55 AM
Brewerpaul

What would people think of a Badius ONLY thread, which would contain only Badius tips, mods, etc? This group is terrific and very helpful, but for a newbie like me it's not realistic to try to wade through 450-plus pages of postings to find the stuff I need NOW (well, tomorrow, which is when my plane is supposed to arrive)
Old 05-17-2006, 06:55 AM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

Brent;

Sorry to hear you were caught in the flooding - that is sure a lot of water. Hope your insurance covers the machinery.

Doug;

Sorry about your son, we don't have kids yet (but are planning on them real soon) so I can only imagine how scary it would be. Glad he is OK now...

Paul;
Go here:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_12...31/key_/tm.htm and starting with post 3254, we all gave tips and tricks of the day for the new guys joining with their new AB. the tips go for about 2 pages.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:59 AM
TerryE

Paul;

We had a Badius only thread (see post #1, page 1 of this thread) but people complained when we went off topic... so we started this one.

Here is what I do:

When I see a post I think will be good for reference, I add it to my favorites in explorer (I have a folder for Badius Tips). Then I can get them quickly. That way I don't have to go through a lot of posts.

Also, at the bottom of the page is a search function - I find it ok, but not great. I ususally try searching a few times first, then if I don't get any results I just ask.

You can go take a look at the AB thread, there is a LOT of great, AB-mostly related stuff there...

and just keep asking!

Terry
Old 05-17-2006, 07:41 AM
gunfighterII

Hi All,
Sorry to hear about you guy's up in the northeast with all the water, I hope everything returns to normal soon, that was quite a slow moving storm that covered half the country, but for some reason it just hammered the northeast and still is.

Doug, I never had kids so I can't imagine what that would be like, glad to hear everything is OK.

I could possibly have a flying day today, the wind from the storm just did not want to quit for the last 8 days.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:11 AM
stokeflyer

Depronjet,
The hardware pack just arrived, its very nice quality thanks , cant wait to get some time on it now!!.
Rich
Old 05-17-2006, 08:27 AM
afineman

Brewerpaul

I would suggest just re-starting the original AB thread, we got way off topic that is the reason for this thread. You new guys can post AB only stuff over there, and when we come in to answer we'll talk AB only.

Remember for every question you ask, the answer normally helps 10 others , and when you feel like just chatting come here. Also in over 2 years there are SO many mods done to the AB, it would take pages to cover them all ( we went a little NUTZ with this plane)

TerryE

I may have some answering to do about the equipment loss, this is equipment that is used in the semiconductor industries !QUOT!Wafer Fab!QUOT!, I warehouse this equipment for the entire corporation (1 centralized location), this may cause me a few sleepless nights[:@]

Doug

I can't imagine that feeling ( I too chose to be childless), BUT I am REALLY happy all is well

Ray

As I said I'll start the gluing tonight, weight is always a key factor for me, so I will keep it lite, I'll go with ether the BP 21 or 12 for the tour and the photos, when I get back, the himax is going on it to see how fast I can make it go.

Well back to work[8D]

Brent

Old 05-17-2006, 10:19 AM
CrashingDutchman
My Feedback: (4)

Doug, good to hear he is ok now!

These kids can sometimes be a pain in the *** (when I have to work while babysitting her), but woulnd't want to loose her for all the money in the word! Just the smile she has on her face when she sees us in the morning can me me cry!

JD
Old 05-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Glacier Girl

Doug,
Glad to hear all is ok with your son. One of those been there done that with 3 sons. And didn't even get the Tee shirt.

Hollywood/Howard.
Think floats!!!!!!!

This would have been perfect weather for the Ploat.

We didn't get it quite as bad down here..........yet.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Glacier Girl

Blisters,
I think I can cover you on spare Stryker parts, I'll look tonight.

Ray,
Peeked in the box this morning..............WOW!!!!!!!!

I'm back in doggie house again, wife putting up with mess in the shop from son's race car, mess in the house from son and fiance staying there. They tend to be night owls.
Box from jolly old England shows up, decals from Phil arrive, 3rd P38 arrives, and 43 rose bushes are still sitting unplanted.
Aaaaaaaaaa, she'll get over it. LOL
Old 05-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

hey thanks guys for your wishes about my son. hey Jan, you're right, kids are great when they smile haha. hey Brent, hope the insurance covers anything that gets ruined and you don't get into any bother. hey howard, you guys up there need ploats not cars !! rc stuff ?? is this thread about rc stuff haha
Old 05-17-2006, 12:54 PM
TerryE

Sure is quiet around here without Lou

Hope he gets his 'puter fixed real soon...
Old 05-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Stingray69

Dj,

Word of caution when you get soldering. Those gold pads on that board aren't exactly first rate. Tin them and your leads then stick em. But be careful with the heat or they'll curl up on you and make you swear in french. One of my pads curled and get this, it wasn't the one we were putting the tin on. It was next door.

SRay
Old 05-17-2006, 02:40 PM
DepronJet

ORIGINAL: TerryE

Sure is quiet around here without Lou

Hope he gets his 'puter fixed real soon...
sounds like Lou is doing a rebuild !
my PC has Steam comming out of it now [&o]
it Groans when i click on Design wireframe hahah

SRay.. Keep the Advice comming
fore warned is fore armed !
Soldering iron At the Ready
i can swear in a few different lanugages hahaha

i tend to cheat with thin copper tracks..
i drill a small hole thru the copper track and use a strand of thin wire to loop and stitch a nice hoop of wire to allow a solder connection wire

did i explian that well?

Ray
Old 05-17-2006, 02:52 PM
TerryE

Ray;

Been flying lately? Rain here, so no flying for me. I am playing on the sim instead...

Hope all is going well
later
Terry
Old 05-17-2006, 03:17 PM
DepronJet

ORIGINAL: TerryE

Ray;

Been flying lately? Rain here, so no flying for me. I am playing on the sim instead...

Hope all is going well
later
Terry
do you mean Ray? RayRay or SRay? hahha

from now on i will sign Dep

yours Truely Dep

Old 05-17-2006, 03:58 PM
gunfighterII

Hi Terry,
You're right something is missing around here and I think it's Lou, I guess we should have sent him one of our spare 'puters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.