Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Stingray69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

5String,

Here's the cold cathode lights I spoke of. The whole system weighs less than 2 oz. and only draws 1/2 an amp. Input is 12v and output inverted is 680v is what the package said.

They are also available now in colors with sound activation

here http://www.crazypc.com/products/casemods/lighting.htm

Sray
Old 10-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Loubud

Sray,
Cool lights and thanks for the link.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Stingray69

Your welcome Lou. Lets night fly this holiday season. It'd be best to have different colors on each wing but they don't come that way. I figure with a full moon or something it should'nt be a problem seeing a SS with these anyway.

Sray

Edit, you can mix colors. At the bottom of the page you can order tubes and inverters separately.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Loubud

Sray,
I like the SS made to look like a Witch.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:44 AM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

Lou;

Got the email.

Agreed with it.

Forwarded it on

Thanks

Terry
Old 10-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Sray, you are beginning to scare me, next it will be those spinners on the wheels, the ones that keep spinning when you stop. Bling Bling.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:52 PM
deathsprial

http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video....7ce42d58fe5157
Here is another vid. I still need to work on keeping the plane more stable but I like this angle. The camera looks out the side of the plane facing down. This is where we grew up (Brent and myself) back then this park looked so big. I use to make planes out of balsa and tissue paper and fly them in this park. When I got there i was concerned that I could not land here but i got it in with no problems also there are 2 people on the bench so that made it even smaller.
The Easystar is a great plane cheap $57 easy to build and can carry a payload when over powered. I put the Himax on this plane kinda like putting a V8 on a VW insane amount power. Also this plane will not come down it takes a long time to get it down.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:06 PM
gunfighterII

Howard,
Nice video, I like the angle also which is nice and smooth. I wish I could kill my engine and just restart whenever I like, kind of like an eagle flying around up there.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:13 PM
afineman

Howard

Actually I had lived in 3 different buildings in that video, you got the apartments ( tough to miss) the Duplex and the townhouse.

WOW from the air, that is really small[sm=thumbup.gif] nice job

I'll call

Brent
Old 10-17-2006, 06:21 PM
AJ1202

Nice vid there Howard, good job. looks like that little planes floats forever
Old 10-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Loubud

Sheesh AJ,
That's what Howard said.
Hey Brentski,
Rip another Lou vid.
Thanks,
Unknown
How about the Phil's flight reinactment.
Still unknown
Old 10-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

i've just worked out i've spent about $15,000 on rc this year. i think i'm sick because i would have enjoyed the time in a real plane or glider that would have bought much better. i think i'll stop buying planes now, it's kinda addictive
Old 10-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Loubud

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"Kinda addictive"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 10-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Glacier Girl

Doug, Yeah right, sure you will.

Howard, nice to see you make an appearance, and a cool vid too.

Sray, there's something included in the stuff Ray shipped to me, for you. I ship it out as soon as it arrives.

Carl, ditto you, but I need you to PM me your address again, somehow it's not on the list I have.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Glacier Girl

Brent, since Howards off the air again, what motor is he running in the Magistar?
Old 10-17-2006, 07:00 PM
deathsprial

http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video....abf61d614a3281
Another vid of the old homestead.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:08 PM
deathsprial

Sorry Glacier Girl half the time I have no idea what I am running Brent says buy this and that is what I do. All i know is it is a Typhon motor. I tend to push the limits on my stuff. (If the batteries dont get hot then prop up)
Old 10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
afineman

Brad

here you go http://www.warbirds-rc.com/Store/hett291214.html

OOHH that was our Jr High School in Lowell Ma, thanks for the flash backs Howard

Brent
Old 10-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Stingray69

Nice vid again Howard. Keep it up. I took the red cub I used for ap out for a flight this morning and it's really flying like a dog. Lacked power and doubt it will ever tote a cam again. I don't know whats wrong with it other than getting glue heavy. Maybe more hp under the cowl is needed. Kinda of bummed about it.

GG. Thanks for the future care package, what ever it is. Those cathodes, wait till all the ole frts living in my hood start calling in UFO sightings. I'll give them a daylight test flight this week to see how they hold up powerwise and make sure the bird is balanced.

Brent, you'll have to tell us some of your bachelor stories from those old apartments, bet you have a few. What, you had to move often to keep the girls fooled?

Carl, I'm not even in the least unhappy about the SB charger. It gets used several times a day. Having an inverter for the ps is probably better for it in the long haul. Happy Anniversary tomorrow. Hope you skip out of work early and treat Sandy to a special evening. Oh and hit her up for some RC spending and a fly day while your at it. Oops, I don't mean while your at it, Afterwards.

Sray

Old 10-17-2006, 07:20 PM
ktaylor

Howard, I liekd the movie. WOW THAT PARK REALLY IS SMALL Couldn't resist. Actually, that's a little bit smaller than the school where I do a lot of flying. Nice video. Gotta watch the second one yet.

I took Gabby to the school tonight. Tried to fly the Cub that Brad sent me. I got it 3 or 4 feet off the ground & managed to tip stall. Broke the tip of the prop & bent the shaft & brkoe the rudder. Got out the trusty Styker since it was getting dark and that plane has another 10 or 15 crashes in it. Gabby loves it when I fly it when it's getting dark because she loses sight of it until I do a closeno power pass & it scares the poo out of her when she realizes it right in front of her. If it wasn't for the light on my ESC at WOT and not taking my eyes off of it I would lose it too. Actually, straight on runs, it almost dissapears. Kinda fun.

I think the one pack that went through the canopy & smacked the concrete a few weeks ago might be getting bad. It gets puff every time I fly with it. Oh well, it only cost $13. At the time I bought them they were $10 each for the two cells & I bought 4 of them. Gabby doesn't want to play anymore, " I just want to play in my room for a while" OK, I'll work on my plane, but I can gauruntee she will show up right when I'm holding something until the epoxy cures......
Old 10-17-2006, 08:06 PM
ktaylor

Hey Brent, check this out, this is a post on RCgruops by the guy who owns United Hobbies. I forgot to tell you, I did a review of my motor a day or two ago & listed the results with the 3 blade 12x8 prop & he sent me a coupon code for 5% off my next order. SO when you get your motor, send him the results of the one you bought, good for 5% off the next order.

S ray, didn't you buy the small motor from there? Give it a try.

Guys.
If you have any data on these motors, we welcome you to submit it in email to;
[email protected]
Any information on these motors regarding data (prop sizes, amps etc) will be rewarded with a 5% discount certificate code which can be used at any time in our store.

Sadly the factory isnt very good with releasing data, and we dont have the time or manpower/profits to be able to test each motor.
However if any of you have any of this information, we would greatly appreciate your help.

Thankyou
CSO
CSO#1 @UHobbies
Old 10-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Stingray69

Ken,

I may do that. It's on the nasty right now and works wonderfully, so I did order another. It should be here this week. It suggests a 10x6 prop and just can't picture a prop that large on the small cub. If so I'll test it with an 8x4 or 9x5 first to see if I can keep the amps low and still have descent thrust. I also ordered some 3.5 gold bullets. 10 pair for $8. Tired of paying $3.50 per 3 pack locally.

Sray
Old 10-17-2006, 08:48 PM
ktaylor

S-ray, do you use Dean's connectors on your batts? He has some imitation ones that work just fine. $7 for 10 pair of them, better than $2 or $3 for a pair at the LHS or most of the places on-line.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Stingray69

Yes. I got in my 2nd order of 10pr Monday. They do work fine. I used all of my first order already plus gave Carl a few to test out. Soldered up fine and they have a nice tight fit.

Sray
Old 10-17-2006, 09:22 PM
ktaylor

Stingray, here's a tip that Lou gave me for soldering them. Hook two of them together. Acts like a heat sink to keep it from distorting the plastic. Much easier to unplug the batts, I've warped some, a pain inthe buttock to take apart.

Just did a test fit of the wing. I'm 6 ft 2" and I can stand the wing up & rest my chin on one end. It's sitting across the back of my love seat right now, takes up the whole thing. HUGE!!! GOnna be fun flying this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.