Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

F-27 Stryker Tips

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 09:43 AM
microsprint9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-27 Stryker Tips

Here is what i have learned about the stryker

1. This is my first plane and it has taken a beating, broke motor off at least 30 times, glued nose back together about 50 times, bought a new fuse soon as i got the plane but i'm amazed how many times i can fix this plane yet it still flies quite good, I'll keep then new fuse grounded til i get more experience.

2. After all the abuse mentioned above my plane only weighs 100 grams more than my friends new plane. He does have a slight speed advantage.

Now the tips

1. Charger almost always false peaks, try plugging it in and out until you're sure it's charged fully.
2. I have broke many servo's, but keep them around, sometimes the top gear brakes and sometimes the bottom gear breaks, do a little part swapping and you'll be flying in no time.
3. Hook up battery and motor runs full bore. The MOSFET in the speed controller is shorted, i'm on my second receiver so i unsoldered the one off the board than my servo's didn't work on and replaced the mosfet and it worked fine. The mosfet is the little black chip with 3 leads and a heat sink on it, it is close to the motor leads on the board. I haven't been able to find a generic replacement so if anyone knows of one please let me know.
4. Plane suddenly spirals out of the sky, this has happened to me a few times. The problem lies in the solder joints where the servos plug in, a couple of hard wrecks and those servo wires get pulled on and voila the solder joints a loose and you'll notice when you jiggle the reciever on servo will go full travel and stay there, it can also strip the top gear on the servo right off.
5. Same as above except after hard wrecks check the end of the servo plug for loose or bare wires that have been pulled too hard from impact, these have the same effect as what is mentioned above. Once again keep those old servo's and use the plugs off any good ones to replaces the bad ones.

All in all the stryker has been a frustrating plane to learn on, but i've gotten pretty good now and have no problem flying and landing this plane and i love it now. Through my first few months of flying i've gone through 6 servo's, 1 RX, 5 props, 1 motor mount, 4 rolls of packing tape, 3 bottles of loctite 495 CA and a couple of oz.'s of 5 min epoxy.
As a CNC operator and programmer i have started to build some planes out of foam, i will post my build up of my B2 bomber cnc'ed out of blue styrofoam and uses stryker parts to complete. Happy flying.